Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i played basketball with some buddies from work tonight and decided right after to go to Wendy's and get a lemonade...<---pointless info. Anyways as i'm pulling out of wendy's a 99 lowered decked out accord and a 96 decked out accord fly by, and get in the lane to get on to this curvy interstate I-315 if anyone from columbus reads this. I'm stuck byhind a stupid camaro but as we get on to the ramp the hondas take off and stomp it and fly around the camaro, he like a true baby stays behind. on a sharp bank i take the 99 honda and keep on trucking through this pretty steep almost race car course s turn. I finally catch up to the 99 accord and he downshifts and floors it i down shift and floor it, me in my stock mk2 and he in his pimped out accord, my speedometer is pegged but i'm keeping up, we must have been over 130 for a good 5 minutes. finally we come along some traffic and i pass him, a few miles down we slow down exchange thumbs up, (he was showing off to his gf) and i drove off, i dont' know what he had done, but it was pretty strong....=) i know i'm crazy....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
he prolly got a H23 engine 2.3L NA non vtec or a 2.2L Vtec... they run strong especially the vtec motor.... or might be a V6... we just don't know

But a friend of mine runs mid 15's on a mild 2.3L non vtec engine.... now he has a SUPRA since he saw my car run the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
you know... a newer accord is probably jsut as fast as a mkII supra with little to no work done to it.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I thought a new V6 Accord had enough HP to take out a mk2 :cry:

·
Registered
178 Posts
yeah. it's actually starting to get pretty scary out there with these new honda's, nissans, and other cars like the new neonSRT that does a 14.2 stock! *shakes*. Up till now it's been pretty sad to see these guys with honda's thinking they're fast. I've personally never lost a race to a honda and I've raced alot of them, but lately I've been seeing commercails that keep stating hp numbers in the 200-250's and that doesn't look good, lol.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, beware the V6 Accord; its the only Honda I ever lost to (but not that badly :roll: ). He managed to pass me, but I kept up pretty well afterward on a curvy road.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
95 v6 accord takes 5mge'd supra out easily.

--BillyM
yea but a 6MGE mk2 with I/H/E.....YUMMMM... V6 Accord :twisted:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol it may have been a v6 i remember my dads ol 96 only had 150 horsepower in the 4 cyl... but ehh oh well i didn't lose and i wasn't trying to pass him, only show that i could hang with him......

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
the only honda i really fear is the s2000 or acura integra type R, and both of those are so rare around here, its not even worth mentioning.

the v6 accords i havent tangled with in my supra, but ive run a couple in my truck.
i smoked one of them off the line before he pulled on me, and the other gave up after a block of dead even racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts