Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never paid much attention to Eric Bana, then I was introduced to this documentary.

Yes its an hour and a half long, but I promise youll love it.

OMG Eric is my hero now.... super cool, super passionate.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Love-the-beast_698319.htm

Ive watched it twice already, and started getting hooked into a third run thru while getting the URL link for this post.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That was great. Props to Bana for going through with the rebuild. It's alot of time and money, but he'll love it in the end.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Great video. Still want to see the car done so I can feel some closure.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Cant wait to see the rebuild.... Eric kinda reminds me of myself a bit. Same compassion about our cars. Lots of history.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
great video thanks for sharing

·
Registered
463 Posts
Vid was choppy for me, but here's a bit o history. The Falcoln XB was the Mad Max car (with a rare aftermarket nose in the first part of the movie). It is what our 71 Torino chassis was destined to evolved into, before the feds stepped in and applied sweeping regulation to the auto industry in the US. What we got instead was a bloated misanthrope.

·
Registered
839 Posts
That was amazing. Truly a remarkable story. What a beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I looked into it a little bit this morning. He's presently working on the car, but because of some of his movies he's promoting right now, it's taking some time away from the car.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Wow, I almost don't know what to say. Greg, I might not hae ever seen that and I love that race and have seen that car more than once. Thank you. I have no words to express how I can relate to the love affair with the car and friends and all of it. I wish I had the money to be in that situation and I would be in that very same place.

·
Registered
577 Posts
There are alot of interesting thoughts presented in this documentary. I can relate in so many ways. I think for guys like us a relationship is a relationship. Whether it be with a car or a woman or a friend or a family member. We experience exactly the same emotions and they are no less real simply because the object of those emotions isnt animate.

When Eric wrecked "the Beast" he needed to grieve it just like anyone with a heart grieves ANY loss. Add to that the fact that he felt HE killed the car and its no wonder he needed to take some time away from it. In his mind, three people were involved in that crash and only two walked away. He will need to learn to forgive himself for that before he can move on.

Ive had lots of relationships with cars. Some Ive loved and lost and some I hated right off the bat, but every one has impacted my life in some way. I like to think of myself as the sum total of all the relationships Ive ever had. For me, as long as I keep adding to that Im always growing, and if Im always growing, it proves to me Im still alive. Thats why I can never keep a project.

...and probably why Im also divorced.

Thanks for the link Greg, I really enjoyed that film.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All true... I also find his relationship with his Dad, and his long time friends particularly endearing.

Equally funny how he seems to do the acting thing as a means to feed his automotive passions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This was in cinemas over here in Aus for a good couple of months.
All the car nuts went and saw it so they kept it in for a bit longer.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Equally funny how he seems to do the acting thing as a means to feed his automotive passions.
That is one thing I really liked about this video, it did not portray him as well known actor until near the end, the entire time before that, he was just a guy who really loved his car and racing, it made it very easy to relate to him.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This was in cinemas over here in Aus for a good couple of months.
All the car nuts went and saw it so they kept it in for a bit longer.
Cool... how long ago was this? I cant tell how old the documentary it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool... how long ago was this? I cant tell how old the documentary it.
From memory it was about March this year.
it was in my cinemas for about 3 or 4 months.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1284028/

Grant Denyer who was in the movie.
Used to be a weather man.
But now he races cars and this year had a bad accident in a monster truck and fractured some discs in his back.
And Todd kelly races V8 supercars for the Jack daniels racing holden

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
So next time someone tells me "why dont you just sell the car, you rarely drive it anymore?" I should just make them watch atleast the last 30 mins and maybe they will understand. I like the "spiritual enjoyment" reference by Dr. Phil.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I like the "spiritual enjoyment" reference by Dr. Phil.
After all these years, I still cannot get over his last name.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts