·
Registered
2,489 Posts
there will be a few by the end of the year, myself included

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a v-8 that i'm going to put in i just need more money and more questions answered. i'm putting in a 1uz. and its just a sugestion. and besideds the jz section is mostly filled with questions, which is a good thing. i doin't know how hard it is to create a new section but it would just be easier to direct questions to one catigory than in multiple catigories. its not intended for the people who ask what is the better engine every other day.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Until there is a more pressing need I don't see this forum being used very often.

Why not keep the discussion to a particular thread in a given forum?

Thanks for the suggestion though.
-Chris

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
...people said the same thing about having an mk2-only forum...
When? Not as long as I've been a part of the MkII community (since 99). :)

How many people have V8's in MkIIs that post here? How many people have a swap in progress?

My understanding is that the answer to that is ~0 +/- 3, hence my response.

If the number is significant I'd love to hear it and see some data that demonstrates such. 8)

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
quick said:
_HOT_M16 said:
When?
When the idea first came out . Tell me one thing, how does it inconvenience you to let them have a section? If you say it "adds clutter", does having to scroll through their posts in ever other section not count as clutter?

--BillyM

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
quick said:
_HOT_M16 said:
When?
When the idea first came out . Tell me one thing, how does it inconvenience you to let them have a section? If you say it "adds clutter", does having to scroll through their posts in ever other section not count as clutter?
The idea for a MkII-specific communication mechanism came out before you were involved in MkII's, yes? ...but that really doesn't matter anyway.

Yes -- my justfication is that it adds clutter for an area with little interest or practical application. Such a forum would also not add any significant value given the mechanisms available for post tracking today.

Your example doesn't make sense to me... you don't have to scroll through all of the posts to find those that you're interested in. You can examine the new ones, create links to those in particular you care about, and/or search for topics that you have posted to. You can also search by keywords.

I don't see enough interest to justify the additional clutter. Perhaps that will change with time and if so we'll change to accomodate it. :)

I also don't see any real reason for a 'forum' rather than just a thread. What is a forum going to provide that a thread won't? I'm open to being convinced otherwise, but this is my perspective at this point.

Cheers!
-Chris

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
quick -If they really want a it why dont you guys just add it to the 1/2JZ section, I mean not many use that anyway :wink:

just my .02 cents, as it my opinions are worth anything anyway :roll:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
zankone said:
quick -If they really want a it why dont you guys just add it to the 1/2JZ section, I mean not many use that anyway :wink:
That's a swell idea. I will take that into account if we end up doing it.
Thank you.

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Why not reformat it to include all in an "Engine Recipes" section including: 5MGTE/6MGTE/7MGTE/1JZ/2JZ/1UZ/V8 and all other ideas

just a thought
:)

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
I duno about that. There are enough 5mgte's and 7mgte's around to fill their sections... the swaps are very dissimilar as well, though the 1j-1u swaps have very similar needs, custom motormounts, lots of poorly documented wiring, etc.

--BillyM

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Well it's more like:
The Godfather > Admins > anything else

lol. It's all good. I just won't post my opinions on this stuff here since they are not authoritative.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts