Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so i got mine from the group buy and i was installing them last night. gotta do a little bit of custom work to make them fit. first thing you gotta do is the piece that you bolt your sway bars to you have to make the whole a little bigger because the end of the sway bars are too fat to fit through. and the plate that holds the bushing to the frame you have to shave down one of the sides cause it hits the side and wont bolt down. another thing i would really advise for you all is to replace your bolts that holds your sway bars down with a harder bolt, i was tightening them and it just ripped in half so to save you all an headache here is a little help with the installation. i will have pictures and everything tomorrow.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Could someone link up the old threads where this has been discussed? I was searching around the other day and could not find them for the life of me. I just put my bars on the past two nights and ran into all of these issues as well.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
ill try and find it. i just cant remember who did the write up. i had thought it was WES, but i checked his site and didnt see it there.

EDIT: actually, i think it might have been in the FAQ section of this site, but for some reason, its not loading so i cant even check it.

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
well, its a pretty straightforward install. you have to disconnect the sway bar from the chassis, disconnect the tensioner arms. take them off the car. remove the old sway bar. enlarge the holes in the tensioner bar to accommodate the larger diameter of the addco bar. re-install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts