Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at new sway bars, I have found Addco and Koni, the Koni are: (F- 1") (R- .75") and the Addico are: (F)- 1 1/8" and (R)- ¾" . Does anyone have an opinion eithrer way with these bars? Or am I better off doing shocks first? The Koni are cheaper but Im not sure if they come with bushings. THANKS!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Koni has discontinued them but http://www.classicgarage.com still has some in stock, Im still thinking Addico's becuase the fronts are thicker.

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
1" (well 25 mm) is the stock sway bar size, so the only upgrade the front Koni will give you is shiny paint. Do the sway bars before the shocks, assuming there is nothing wrong with the shocks you have now.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well shiney paint will only make your car handle better or quicker if you have a lowered Honda with coffee can exhaust so that answeres that question. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Something sounds odd here. Are you sure the discontinued Koni's are for our MKII application and NOT a upgrade for a 82 - 85 RA Celica?? Those numbers sound about right for upgrading the RA Celica bars.

I agree w/ the rest. Get the Addco's, while they are still available. As mentioned in another post, once Addco runs out of them, they won't make anymore unless someone starts up a GP & they need a minimum order of 10.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Koni bars are for the Celicas....but they fit the MK2's with a little finesse...mainly the front bar. I have these on my 84. The rear bar fits in perfect, the front lacks the dip in the center like the MK2's, but it clears the crank pulley by about 1/2". The hardest part about the whole install is the front brackets and bushings....the front bar seems about 1/4" or less too short on the center part, the bend comes too early. But with some patience and work, it fits in nicely. It's a very nice upgrade piece. Seeing the need for aftermarket sway bars...I think I may have to start producing some of these too..ehehe...only problem is the 200 piece minimum order. LOLZ

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Wade, what did you pay for the set, and what all is included in the set? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts