Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
Just my engineering opinion, but an aluminum tube with a big set of bends in the middle doesn't seem like a structural improvement in relation to a car structure. It kind of like using a popsicle stick to reinforce a bridge structure.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
i know on some cars they help, but i don't see one of those being of significant improvement on the average mk2. plus your back seat will be come very useless with the lost foot room.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
The MK4 guys swear by a product just like this to the extent that i have thought about getting one myself.

I dont understand Y everyone that hasnt use one is dogging on it so fast. any time you add support it should help. No telling how much but it should.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm gonna get one of those to ziptie my seat belt harness to! :thumbsup:

...jk
But seriously, thats a gnarly bend.
A v2.0 will give you much better results imo, not to mention it's in the right place.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agree with dave but in the end I must wonder if this has been fitted to an mk2 and whether it is designed to fit. It does say AE86 celica supra... I hate it when they spout out random car model names it's seriously gay and it makes me wonder about the item for sale.:eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Best thing they are for is mounting racing harnesses off of. When I was fully into the Civic scene with my EG4 a few guys got them and had instantly more noticeable improvements in the rigidity of the car's chassis. But in a car as "sturdy" as me and my mates say as the supra/celica it wouldn't do much more than serve as a mounting point for the harness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts