Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a link to the local news report:
http://www.southwesternontario.ctv.ca/news.php?id=7876

I have posted up a list of parts that were stolen, along with my tools, so please keep an eye out for any of them and call Crimestoppers ASAP is you find something that seems suspicious.
Thank you SO much for helping out. I'm proud to be a part of this community.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Wow. Heartbroken is all I can say. let us know how to donate. I enjoyed meeting you in Georgia, I hope you and the family will recover and the thiefs caught.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I Truly am sorry for this horrendous act upon the entire supra community we will all lose from this and i hope and pry that the people who did this are not on any of the forums you visit ( although it would subtract from the time of capture of said thieves ). I also hope thats its not from this forum. If i was closer i would lend anything i could to help funds are a little to tight right now also ( im doing my head gasket under tight budget ). Please by all means keep us posted and as a community we will all help in getting some more info on this.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I've also lost my entire inventory of rare and obsolete MKI and MKII parts in the blaze which I spent 15 years accumulating....
Seeing my MKII in this condition after 25 years together makes me homidical.
Still, no-one was hurt at all, and that is most important. I will prevail in the end.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Phil, terrible is all I can think and to hear your supras where in there made my stomach turn. I'm so sorry for your loss and for this community's loss. I've been a satisfied customer on several of your group buys and products, and have received fair and honest service sometimes above and beyond the norm.

please be sure to include contact information for us to alert the proper authorities if any of us suspect stolen merchandise being up for sale somewhere.

And let's all keep our eyes and ears out for these stolen parts here on the forum, ebay, craigsist, etc.,

I'll do what I can to help, Phil

with depest regret
Rick

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Yeah I vote for (temporary) sticky!

The Record (article about the fire, very brief, nothing more than what we already know)

Waterloo Police Dispatch Breakdown

And if you scroll ALL the way down...
Supplemental Published : August 4, 2010

Waterloo Regional Police Division 3 Detectives in partnership with the Ontario Fire Marshall continue to investigate a multi-unit fire on Rankin Street in Waterloo.

Police are treating the fire as suspicious and continue to protect the scene while detectives and fire officials piece together the circumstances. The Waterloo Fire Prevention Officer is also assisting in the investigation.

Police urge anyone with information that may assist in this investigation to call Division 3 Detectives at 519-653-7700 x3385 or Crime Stoppers 1 800 222 TIPS.
Statement from the City of Waterloo, 8-5-2010, upping damages to at least $2 million.

That's all I can find for now.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Do we need a passport to get into Canada these days?

I have a few spare parts here and there for the varies years. If that will help you out PM me a list of stuff you'd need for you personal and customer cars.

I hope the people who did this DO NOT remain anonymous.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is awful... sorry for the lose ... this is huge .... give greg or I an address so we can try to help you in some way....... Renee

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I too am sorry dude. Please be careful to let who you know, leave, be absent, or away from your shop, I was told this by a homeowner, since we are looking into purchasing a new house. Again, sorry phil. (online, and in person)

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
I am sorry. It's a shame that there are people like that in this world. The perps will ultimately be caught and brought to justice, but I know that's little comfort now. We will do what we can to get you through this.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm so sorry Phil ,,, I know how much your QS and your original MKII meant to you . Parts and customer cars on top of that must have you in a bad state of mind right now . Hang in there buddy ,, your friends are here to help in anyway we can. I have a load of 1j 2j 5m and interior pieces. I assume your customers cars will have to be finished first if they didn't have insurance ,,, if you need anything please send me an email .

SO fkn heartbreaking man ! Did any other business have a camera , any other business on the street have one outside ? Maybe you could get a look at who was around the area at 3 or 4 am via street cams or something ? hell i'd even try nasa, or google fkn earth..... I would be out for blood Phil ,,hope you keep yoru sanity my friend .

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Phil,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through right now but I know you'll pull through. I can take off from work early before the meet if my help is needed.

Shoot me an email and let me know.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts