Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,342 Posts
I never know what to say or write in these kind of circumstances but couldn't let this thread pass without posting something. Hope everything works out.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I can't believe it Phil. The other night my son said he saw something on the News about a fire with Supra's but I dismissed it and never thought about it again. I am so sorry for you. I will be in touch.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
not sure what to say, phil. I'm sorry? All the best? Best wishes....nothing seems to fit. I also don't know how I can help you out. Just know that I really hope everything from this point onwards works in your favour with regards to all the legalities. Hopefully you can take some time to relax once it's all sorted out, and get started on another path that was even better than the last.

Thinking about your situation, and I wish all the best for you,

Steve

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
My guess is it's someone that's been to your shop before, someone who knew you were going to be out of town...damn phil I don't know what else to say. Stay strong you will pull through and good luck. Something will turn up as to who the arsonist and thieves are.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Damn it Phil! Were any of the cars in that? Keep us up to date on developments. I hope when they catch the guy that he gets out on bail so he's accessible...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm very sorry for your losses. Maybe me and Donn can come up early (before Supra meet) and help you clean the place out, or if you have a set date you want to tackle it, I obviously can't financially help you, but I'm more than whiling to spend many hours helping you out.

Just email/text Donn or email me if you want us to come help. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Phil, gimme a ring if you need help. So weird just seeing you last week and now, poof. I'm heading out on vaca this week, but if you need anything let me know. I've put the 7m swap on hold and can do my best to give you some $.

I'm devestated. This is unreal.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wow, truly a shame. I know you heard 40 some-odd times before me but hope property insurance will help with the cost. Feel for your customers as well how may have lost items or even a vehicle, it has to be dramatic for them as well. I have a two tone maroon 84 as well. I hope the large number of Canadian MK II III IV members will help to raise funds on your behalf. Good luck in your future plans.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Guys - please just come whenever you can - It’s far worse than you could think, and if you have never had the misfortune of going through this, this will disturb you a little.

http://www.adrenalinemotorsports.ca/gallery/index.php?album=misc-pictures/fire-destruction

http://www.adrenalinemotorsports.ca/gallery/index.php?album=misc-pictures/fire-destruction/mkii-carnage

The worst part of this in addition to having no insurance coverage for this, is the fact that I have to sift through this for anything salvageable and then clean the whole unit out myself. Looking at each part from the perspective of its original cost is caustic to my mind. Knowing that 20 years of collecting rare Supra parts has just gone up in flames is heartbreaking.

If you are able to help in any way, please do – I am desperate. Please come down and help to move parts, shovel debris, cook, run errands, fundraise, get equipment donations, anything! My fiancé has been running around town gathering up donations of all sorts of goods, but more is needed daily. She needs help as well so if you can bring your significant other, she would welcome the help as well.

Also, if you can’t help in person but would like to participate, please contribute financially if you can through Paypal to [email protected] as I have nothing left……

We need your help!!!!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Who the hell does this? Why do this? I plan to start my own business and someone intentionally sabotaging it would enrage me in ways that would be deemed unsafe for those around me.

Respect is all that's needed. Respect a man's hard work.

I never got the chance to business with you man, but I'm gonna help out as soon as I can.

I know I'd say I'd be pissed on a new level if I was in your shoes, and I'm sure I would be, but I'd still try to keep stepping forward. Stepping backwards or ceasing to step at all aren't the answers.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi - this is Jennifer, Phil's partner. If you are coming in from the Toronto area today, Sunday, there are some safety boots and equipment that I urgently need in order to be on the site. If you are able to bring those along, please contact George at Raptor Racing by text at 416-677-5962

I can be reached by text also at 416-209-9693 if you can confirm with me that you are coming to help so I can best make use of your assistance. Steel toed boots/shoes, work gloves and hard hats are req'd on site, so if you have access to those, please bring them as well.

If you are handy at getting donations at all, please use those skills at a local Home Depot/Rona/Hm Hdwe for donations of similar goods, hand cleaner, Spray9 cleaner and similar. We may also need food donations, but please check with me to arrange that beforehand.

Thank you SO much. :)

(Please don't copy this text in replies as we will be removing the numbers to protect George and myself from unwanted calls shortly)

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Jen, I'll come over with some green tag safety boots. Two pairs are brand new still in the box. I should have a pile of new work gloves and masks too. Sorry, no hard hard hats I can spare. I need those for work. I'll pick some cleaner up too if required when I get there.

Pizza and drinks on me for lunch.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Chunk sent. I just as easily could have hit the town last night and spent that much, rather we ate in and caught a netflix...

Do what you can folks. Weight like Phil is currently experiencing are more easily carried across the backs of many.

From this point forward, 100% of profits from the shifter bushings will be donated to "Phil-aid" as well.

--BillyM

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Phil & Jen, donation sent...Please let the group know what we can do further to assist you both locally and from a far...

My Regards,
Arch

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
The damage is devastating. What was once a shop full literature, tools, parts and cars is now a black hole filled with soot and debris. The fire burned holes in the roof and the walls into the adjacent units. The heat must have been intense as things were just melted. Then there is the water damage from putting out the fire and the rain coming in through the holes in the roof. The floor is one big puddle.

It looked as if not much can be saved. Unfortunately with no insurance, Phil needs help to clean up the mess and to move forward. He has to be out by the 19th of this month so the repairs to the building can start and the adjacent businesses can resume operations.

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Folks...i put up a post here dedicating a portion of the next months profits to help Phil out here. Please click the link and have a read and PLEASE either on your own or through other means try to find a way to help out.

Phil...I've said all I can say in the link above. You'll be in my daily prayers as I know this is one of the greatest challanges you'll face in your life. Be strong my friend; I know it may seem so but you're not alone.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
From this point forward, 100% of profits from the shifter bushings will be donated to "Phil-aid" as well.

--BillyM
I will take one then Billy. Payment sent. Way to step up fellas.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts