Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
A great community, unfortunately spanning the globe means some who would like to help are just physically too far. Distance has advantages and disadvantages. Fred (SDReightyfive) is one who was out of reach for this and sends his condolences. As the posts show there are many more.

Way to step up vendors and Rupinder for helping Phil. Very generous thing to do. Joseph and Graham are awesome, they are always there to help anybody at any time. Way to go guys.

I'm sure we can get some local MK2 guys out to help build your car back to it's former glory.

Good luck with your future endeavors Phil.

Phil,

I'm glad to hear that things are getting cleaned up and I know when I talked to you on the phone yesterday you sounded more positive than I would have expected (or than I would have been in the circumstances). Sorry I couldn't make it out there to help this week as work is keeping me very busy right now, still working lots of overtime to keep up.

As I mentioned on the phone, I still have the SDR 85 parts car here with the burg cloth interior in very nice shape. You can have the entire interior from that car if you want it. We can talk more about it at the Toronto meet in a couple of weeks.

Keep your chin up my friend!

I posted on DK already, but like I said when you're ready I have access to 3 burgandy interiors here. If you need a minter version of something I may have it or can probably get it.

Phil,

If you need me to stop at Future Cars with Damon let me know. I can try and source whatever you need. Keep your chin up and see you next week.

I feel bad that the combination of a 4 hour round trip and my work schedule is keeping me from helping. Please know if I was any closer, I'd have put in a lot of hours already.
Not to mention I was a week away from having my new set of wheels melted piles of ash and aluminum. Wish I could do something without going deeper into the credit hole for you.

Phil-aide at the T.O. meet??

Just wondering if, in addition to what George @ Raptor, Rupinder/Toronto Supra Club and BillyM have thoughtfully set up...has anything been set up for next weekend at the actual meet??

Just wondering if, in addition to what George @ Raptor, Rupinder/Toronto Supra Club and BillyM have thoughtfully set up...has anything been set up for next weekend at the actual meet??
Id be willing to bet something as simple as a large poster board with a bunch of the pictures of the damage, and a little bit of info, with a jar/jug next to it alone would work..
simple, easy and a way to help Phil out.

Phil I know its to early to start a list but make me a restoration list for the mk2 whenever you can and email it to me. I'll clean out my stock room for ya.
ditto

Yes actually all the fundraising that we will be doing during the meet is for Phil. Therefore a portion of the raffle tickets, memberships, food sales etc.. will be going towards Phil.

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Guys, I'm overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from this community. It really makes a huge difference just to know that I'm not alone in this ordeal, and it doesn't matter if you could or could not lend a hand or give of your hard earned wages. What matters is that you care, and it means the world to me. I thank you all for that.
We finally loaded the last of the garbage cans, shovels and other cleanup equipment and walked away from the scene of the crime at about midnight Thurs night. I really wouldn’t wish this on anyone, except the lousy, ratfucked sonsabitches that did this. I’m deeply saddened by the fact that I cannot find the energy to rebuild the business as it was, especially since 15+ years of dismantling old Supras to save the rare parts that I could resulted in nothing but a pile of smoldering carbon and twisted metal in the end instead of a valuable resource to all of us. Gone are new in the bag/box MKI and MKII parts, obsolete parts never to be seen again, and the truly sad part is that there was no need for them to be destroyed at all.
I’m now recuperating physically, emotionally and spiritually for a week out West, hoping to meet up with some of our West coast brethren, and then I’m going to try to salvage my track car for the TSC meet next wknd. Although it hasn’t been with me for very long compared to the 25 years I’ve had with my maroon MKII, it symbolizes freedom and that I will not be destroyed like everything else. The maroon MKII is a total loss, and if I’m fortunate, I may be able to find all the parts needed to put it back together one day. It will be a long process though. ( I posted this thread to find what I will need to do that)
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...orched-maroon-two-tone-84&p=679489#post679489
I cannot thank enough the people that came out and leant a hand in the cleanup efforts, or contributed financially to aid us through the next month or so while I try to paste a life together and move on from this. I'm so appreciative to Raptor, BillyM and Pur for the initiative they've taken and it means a lot. I hate having to hold my hands out to you for financial support since many have you have been so generous already, but I still need your help to get through the next few months.

I will shortly be posting up a LONG list of the parts and tools that were stolen and I urge you – BEG you to be on the lookout for them. Someone is going to brag about this to someone at a party, or offer to sell you something that is not theirs to sell. I want you to pass any and all possible leads to Detective Sgt Matthew Jeary of the Waterloo Regional Police Service at 519-589-6711 or anonymously to Waterloo Police Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or online at http://www.waterloocrimestoppers.ca/...page=submittip. You can also text message your tip in. Send your message to “CRIMES” (274637), and put “TIP152” at the beginning of the body of the message. Your messages are secure and anonymous.

Thanks again to all those who helped out – your support has helped me through this immensely! I hope to see you at the TSC meet next wknd too.

Please LMK when you get this together. I don't care if these deadbeat thieves wait 5 years till they try to sell parts...we wont forget. Needless to say, you will have a LOT of eyes on the street for this initiative.

I will shortly be posting up a LONG list of the parts and tools that were stolen and I urge you – BEG you to be on the lookout for them. Someone is going to brag about this to someone at a party, or offer to sell you something that is not theirs to sell. I want you to pass any and all possible leads to Detective Sgt Matthew Jeary of the Waterloo Regional Police Service at 519-589-6711 or anonymously to Waterloo Police Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or online at http://www.waterloocrimestoppers.ca/...page=submittip. You can also text message your tip in. Send your message to “CRIMES” (274637), and put “TIP152” at the beginning of the body of the message. Your messages are secure and anonymous.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.