Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
That was the old x-frame cars. ...a square frame car of the same era would have held up considerably well.

The comparison would be like staging a throttle-off-swerving stability test between a 2010 Camry and a old Corvair. Dramatic? Yes. Accurate representation of stability advances over the years? No.

--billyM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well that was a waste of a super clean old chevy..

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My Supra handled one of these new Chrysler 300s hitting me at 45 nicely. No injuries whatsoever (unless you count the injury I sustained seeing my Supra in that condition).

Replaced tie-rod end, driver fender, bumper skin and foam padding, and turn signal assembly and back on the road.

I know both of us got towed home that night though haha. Don't drive your Supra in snow, it's ass likes to go wherever it wants, including spinning you into oncoming traffic as you try to make a lane change at 45mph :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ya but did you notice all the rust dust comeing out from underneath the 59 the whole underside was probably rotted out.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Ya but did you notice all the rust dust comeing out from underneath the 59 the whole underside was probably rotted out.
Wasn't rust from what I saw, looked like either the driveline, or the exhaust buckling downward, and I agree with Billy (about the older X-frame, vs something from the mid/later 60's with an H style frame, even if unibody).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts