Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news for us gte converts. AEM has been developing an EMS for both mr2 and mk3 supra. It's almost done and they are waiting for the latest software release to be out before releasing it. It should be out in ~2 months.

Christian

·
Registered
20 Posts
EMS

How about us 6mgte converters
Do you think there might be a possibility to fit a AEM EMS in a '85 5m with 7mgte crankshaft, larger valves etc etc
DY

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
From what I've figured out from the AEM manual it would be possible to install an AEM EMS on a 5/6M, but it wouldn't be plug'n'play deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sure
Nothing in rebuilding a 21 year old car up to todays standard with 400+ HP
is plug and play, but there must be a way, maybe a convertion harness

DY

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
The wiring is the easy part in standalone. Going thru the manuals from what I can tell is that the AEM has the ability to use the factory sensors with the right setups. The only question is if the cam/crank position could work of the 2 prong setup in the MkII distributor, it looks like it should though. The alternative would be to install another crank or cam trigger. The hard part would be trying to get the engine to run right. Its really hit or miss with some people if they get the car to run right. You could always have Jason S tune your car for you :) . Price is a plane ticket + ? bucks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
hehe...man..yoo guys always catch onto my lil side projects huh? lolz....to answer your pondering..no it won't be hard to adapt this EMS to our cars...also.....yes the 7MGTE CPS sensor fits the 5/6M's, you just need to swap over the gear from the stock distributor. More info later.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts