Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 1G-EU engine, I found only a few posts on the AFM, but I am just wondering if modding the AFM is all the same?
I want some more low end power, seems to be lacking at take-off. Which way should I turn it etc? Is there a good site of FAQ explaining it all?

·
Registered
793 Posts
yeah, the afm mod is pretty much the same on all the afm'd motors. Have done this on my 22RE motor in my truck with good results in extra fuel to compensate for the heavy motor work done.
Here's the site:

http://www.afn.org/~wjh/tsc/supra/afmtune/afmtune.htm

I've found a needle nose pliers works very well for holding the metal clip away from the gear, just put your finger on the gear and hold it in place before you pull the clip away from the gear. You only have to pull it away from the side you're spinning it towards, ie, to richen, pull the clip away on the left side of the gear(where the red arrow is pointed at). To lean, pull it away in the right corner near the contact rheostat board.

good luck!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm

It looks as though my AFM has been modded already. I havent opened it yet, but it has be siliconed back on. Is there a way of telling if it has been tweaked? If it hasnt been marked at the orignial position?

Btw, I cut some big holes in my airfilter cover (not the filter itself!) and my XX goes soo much better, and sounds better too, hehe, cant wait to do more to it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scummy looking silicon

The silicion job looks real bad, not flat etc, so I dont think it was the factory mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts