Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question but here goes.

I've seen this term "AFM to MAF conversion kit" used when people ask about making a high power N/A motor and I know the AFM is the air flow meter but what is the MAF convertion (Mass airflow?) and what does it do? Where would I go to find this kit? How much does it cost? how does it relate to using larger injectors and/or higher fule pressures?

This is in regards to my 6m that im looking for a new body for. I've aready ported and polished and 3 angled valve jobed the head.

Thanks all

will
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Go to the Group Buys section of this forum and read the 8 pages of posts concerning the group buy we just concluded. You can buy the unit from Split Second in So. California.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep did that after I posted this and looked at the pictures.

I would still like to know how this would affect my situation. Such as how does it relate to using larger injectors and/or higher fule pressures?
and how it would work with the 6m that im looking for a new body for that I've aready ported and polished and 3 angled valve jobed the head.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well, this is how I see it...
On my 5mge(soon to be a 6mge, if Nippon motors ever gets another one in!!! :evil: ), I have a header, no cat(for the track) and magnaflow exhaust, so I figure that's about as free-flowing the exhaust is gonna be. I also have an intake pipe, and a larger throttle body on the way, as well as 215cc injectors, so I think the intake and fuel delivery is pretty much at maximum flow, except for that damned AFM on every Toyota I've owned! Until now, there have been very few ways to get rid of the poor flowing AFM, so this kit is a godsend for many of us. This will give me a choice of 2.5" ~ 3.5" MAF's from many vehicles, and removes the little flapper door on the Toyota AFM which is the most restrictive part of the intake system...
Anyway, that's my mind-numbing ramblings for the evening!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts