• Total voters
41 - 60 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
When it comes to this group by. I'm gonna wait. l'll just see how the 1st testers are gonna fair out. We'll see if it works out the way everyone is hoping. I'll be the 1st 1 in the next group buy when the #'s come back +. But that still needs to be seen.
I can say 4 sure that if it's a possitive outcome there won't be any problem getting people for the next group buy.
If it's a negative out come or there is only a small HP gain I'll be glad I didn't waist my money.
Later

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe this is going to benifit the modded 5M and 6M crowd most. At stock levels the AFM works fairly well but beyond that you run into a restriction. With the MAF, the restriction is gone and on a healthy breathing 5 or 6M it is going to make a good improvement. The tuning options, although at first will be somewaht of a chore to set up will prove itself very useful, especially with those who have turbo conversions.

On the other hand Jason did say drivibility was better on a stock 5M and he has yet to tune it completely. I'll probably dyno my 6M before and after to see the difference. I just need to get the thorley bought and installed first! I can't wait for these next few mods to get installed. :D Considering the cost of many other mods that give only a few HP like intake, exhaust, header etc, this one will not be any different in the cost/hp comparisons and may actually yeild more per $ if you have already spent $$ on Mods.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Josh,

You are exactly right... stock won;t see alot from this.. but modded mk II's will see bigger jumps... both from this in itself, and the fact that it will allow other breathing mods to work better themselves too..

Anyway.. an update..

Add the following names to the "Have receieved money" list:
Michael Ashcraft
Josh Rapier
Don Lew
Michael Dionne

I have been contacted by a few people who have told me that they have sent in their money, but it may be a bit late.. I am not placing the order until the middle or end of next week to give those peoples money time to arrive... IF you haven't sent in your money, and you do wanna be a part of this, contact me either via PM or call me (703-568-8672). If you haven't contacted me about sending in money by Sunday, and the money arrives after I place the order, I cannot garentee that I can include you...

Also, you can call me any time, 24 hours a day. I work nights however and if you call during the day, PLEASE leave a voicemail with your contact number so I can call ya back.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
EEEP....sorry!!

Theres a School on base here called Ashurst and someone was talking out in the hallway about something that was going on there this weekend... guess I was thinkin Ashcraft, but the hands went with what the ears were hearing..lol.

:morning:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just receieved the last of the monies today... and spent the better part of about 5 hours running around trying to find a place to cash a Canadian Postal Money Order (anyone have some insight on this? 2 banks and a currency exchange counter at the airport and no one would touch them... went to the post office, and I have to "come back tommorrow because our manager is out sick today, and he's the only one who knows if we are allowed to do that") Provided I can find a place to cash the money orders tommorrow so our "northern friends who brew strong beer" can get in on this buy too, I will be placing the order on Friday as soon as I can get ahold of Marc. Once he has the payment, it will be about a 2 weeks for them to get to me... a couple of days for me to get them seperated, reboxed and mailed... and then you should have them in between 2 to 3 days (4 to 6 for our Canadian Friends).

Also, Speaking of our "Nothern Friends", Dean Anderson is sending me a box of heat shrink wrap for me give some to everyone to use for their wiring connections :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Supra Bob said:
(anyone have some insight on this? 2 banks and a currency exchange counter at the airport and no one would touch them... went to the post office, and I have to "come back tommorrow because our manager is out sick today, and he's the only one who knows if we are allowed to do that")
Bob,

Can't imagine you having a problem. I've had a least a dozen sent to me either for strut bars or 2.8GT emblems and all I do is deposit them into my checking account. I can't believe NM could ever be more progressive than anyplace back east....Don't know if you have Wells Fargo back there but they don't give me any real issues at all. One time they did hit me for a $15.00 fee for accepting a British money order, made payable in US dollars. Go figure... Post Office here will also cash a Canadian Postal money order.

Good luck!!!!

Leslie

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks Leslie...

I think I just realized a mistake *I* made with both banks...

They were credit unions...not true banks... Wonder if that had something to do with it?

Oh well... I thought I would be able to do it at the Post Office... I'll just hafta go back tommorrow.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Thanks Leslie...

I think I just realized a mistake *I* made with both banks...

They were credit unions...not true banks... Wonder if that had something to do with it?

Oh well... I thought I would be able to do it at the Post Office... I'll just hafta go back tommorrow.

HaHaHa :lol:

That is who I rely on to tell me how to do everything. Our Credit Union at work is actually easier to deal with than the bank is. Our credit union will not only accept foreign money orders, they deposit directly into foreign bank accounts in the local currency for me all the time. They even let us deposit foreign currencies into our accounts at the exchange rates. May help that we are a major international corp. with a lot of foreign travel and travelers that they have to be able to help.

Hell, one of the tellers at the credit union gets me 110 octane race gas anytime I want it.....We have a really great CU staff. :shock: You just need to learn the art of schmoozing..... :BIG:

Leslie

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Damn Leslie... I think I wanna join your credit union... I use Navy Federal... which is basically filled with a bunch of military spouses who want to do nothing but sit around a gossip and look rather annoyed when you ask them to do their job... :?

and if I asked for Race gas... my god, I think they would stick me into a padded cell... They have a hard enough of a time trying to fathom that I drive a 20 year old car...and am happy about it !! lol

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Damn Canadians... :mad: :wink: Blame Canada!

Andrew, everyone will get some in their box Dean said he was sending a good amount sO think everyone will end up with more than enough to to their wiring.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just want to be sure I have everyone's order correct. If what I have here is wrong, let me know... otherwise, your silence will let me know that its cool :)

Just getting the Conveter box:
Dean Anderson
Josh Rapier
Andrew Wilmut
Wesley Hetrick.

Getting the converter box and the AIT:
Chad Zemer
Michael Dionne
Barry Mason
George Tsatalbasidis
Jeff Sawyer

Converter and ARM1
Michael Ashcraft

Converter, Arm1 and AIT
Don Lew
Chris Clement

Bob

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
AEM standalone

hey my only questions are when is this computer coming out for the 7mge and what skill level would be needed...in example....top notch quality mechanic...medium quality or just decent and someone who works on toyotas?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Actually...this exact kit will work on the 7M-GE as they use the same type of AFM as the 5M does. There were evene a couple of Mk III guys talking with me about getting this kit as part of their NA-T conversion.

As for skill to install... According to Marc at Split Second.. anyone with moderate mechanical skills with basic tools can do this in an afternoon.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
DOH!! :bad-word:

is this gonna be available after the group buy? i totally forgot about all of this since my baby was born, part numbers or something(phone number of who to call), would be great, ill pay more for my stupidity of forgetting to send out monies.

or is this this a one time deal, never to be brought back out again? that would suck :(

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
This isn't a one time run of these things or anything. They are normally available from a company called Split Second (www.splitsec.com). The only thing special about this actually is the discounted group purchase prices on everything. The converter istself is $265 group rate, while normally its $389 plus shipping.

Also... depending on interest... I may organize a second group buy of these in the mid-june timeframe... Alternatively, I am going to see if they will leave us a discounted rate for the group. I'll have to see what I can swing.

41 - 60 of 256 Posts