non-ac heater box and controles, after market 5mge parts

Hey all, just picked up my project DD and im looking for every thing!! lol

last fiew bits for my non-ac conversion:
- celica non-ac blower resistor
- celica non-ac mechanical water valve

here are all the other things im looking for
5mge bits:
- after market timing gears pref adjustible, pref blue anodized
- after market pully set (blue anodized or just polised aluminum)
- light weight fly wheel
- better than stock clutch
- arp head and connecting rod studs
- ss clutch line

mkII supra bits
- w58 trans
- Rear pig
- dash mounted side window defogger vents *black*

(pics for refrence on colors)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
5mge bits:
- after market timing gears pref adjustible, pref blue anodized-The sponsers on here.
- after market pully set (blue anodized or just polised aluminum)-You are on your own
- light weight fly wheel-The sponsors on here
- better than stock clutch-The sponsors on here
- arp head and connecting rod studs-The sponsors on here

7mgte bits:
- injectors
- after-market exhaust maifold with t3 turbo flange and down pipe
You are going to need quite a bit more than that to turbo a 5M......

Oh, and another thing you are going to need quite a bit of.....$$$$

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5mge bits:
- after market timing gears pref adjustible, pref blue anodized-The sponsers on here.
- light weight fly wheel-The sponsors on here
- better than stock clutch-The sponsors on here
- arp head and connecting rod studs-The sponsors on here
yeah, already threw the vendors lots of cash, and wouldnt mind doing it again but what im looking for is if any one has this stuff kicking around in a corner and wants to off it cheap...
- after-market exhaust maifold with t3 turbo flange and down pipe
You are going to need quite a bit more than that to turbo a 5M......

Oh, and another thing you are going to need quite a bit of.....$$$$
please tell me...
i posted a thread about what i have vs what i would need
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=51622
so far its gotten looks but no comments...
as far as i know the only things i need still are; the exhaust manifold, oil drain tube, weld in boss for the oil pain (or a 7m pan), colder plugs, a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (i think thats what they call it), and a tune once its all set up...
I would be happy to know if there is something missing from this list.. im still sketchy on weather or not any ignition upgrades are required for these engines? Im only looking for 5 psi so as far as i can tell the compression wont be an issue.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You need to spend a few days reading the 5/6/7MGTE turbo section of the forum. All your answers are in there, and everyone is just being nice by not answering your other post (otherwise you would need a flame suit).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to spend a few days reading the 5/6/7MGTE turbo section of the forum. All your answers are in there, and everyone is just being nice by not answering your other post (otherwise you would need a flame suit).
as i pointed out on the thread i tried multipul searches and turned up no relavent information. Just peoples worries over domed vs flat pistons, others that dont understand that you need a tune with boost, others that dont understand a fmac is not a propper tuner, and every one trying to adapt a stock 7mgte turbo to the 5mge..... I have found very little information on wheater or not a 38mm waste gate will expell enough volume, if a 50 trim garret t3/t4 turbo is too small for the application, if i need something other than my perfect power smt6 for tuning (do i need to go stand alone)... ect...

What i need is some one that knows what they are doing look at what i have and let me know if i can put together a setup with it or not.. not just a thread lurker that turns up project logs of people throwing together turbo systems from stock 7mgte componets....

If you got answers please let me know,
if not, spare me the BS.. and please stop taking my wanted section post off topic and bring it to the thread THAT I ASKED THE QUESTION IN!!! :32:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've got a brand new fidanza 5m flywheel w/stronger clutch, never used, with a barely used slave cylinder w/ ss braided clutch line, I'll let it all go for 450$us shipped?

I also have a stock 7m turbo Manifold I coul throw in for an extra 50

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a brand new fidanza 5m flywheel w/stronger clutch, never used, with a barely used slave cylinder w/ ss braided clutch line, I'll let it all go for 450$us shipped?

I also have a stock 7m turbo Manifold I coul throw in for an extra 50
yeah way intrested...
right now im picking up a brand new long block so im going to be tapped for a bit, but i also got all my turbo bits up on ebay sooo... if they sell ill def. hit you up asap-ish!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a cartech 7MGTE manifold w/ a adapter & an new ebay turbo for $350.
shoot me over the pics and price of the manifold.... ive had my fill of ebay turbo's for a life time thank you, ill pass on that one...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
internals suck on them.
i ran one for 5 hours and the oil seal burnt out of it.
they are a little better now but they are still a 50/50 mix. some run forver and a day, others dont make it past the 2 month mark .
they are all knock offs of a good quality brand so most people reccomend buying a name brand rebuild kit and going thru it...

·
Registered
818 Posts
well i just bought a rebuild kit for my ct26 from allzone (yes it was on ebay) are the rebuild kits worth a crap or do they burn up just as fast?

·
MemberSince2000
309 Posts
- after market pully set (blue anodized or just polised aluminum)-You are on your own
haha well said ^ there are quite a bit of components that result to exactly just that

good luck on this project bro :salute:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha well said ^ there are quite a bit of components that result to exactly just that

good luck on this project bro :salute:
meah,
if thats the way it is, i have no issues making my own...
just dont want to wast the time re-making something that is already out there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts