Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey can any one tell me if there is a certain part number from summitt or jegs for the mendrel innercooler piping. i am running a ct26 and a stock 7mgte innercooler.

also is there a certain rrfpr i am needing as i am installing all this into a 6m. and blow off valve?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
the only specific intercooler kit that ive seen for the mk2 is from rabid chimp. other then that i think you need a universal kit and you need to cut the pipes to fit. maybe the mk3 kits are easier to work with? not sure. i think most on here like the begi 2025 for the rrfpr, and as far as BOV, most will tell you a stock bosch.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I Know for a fact that the mk3 intercooler and pipping fit into the mk2. I'm running a 1jz with the stock intercooler pipping and it fits. So i'm sure the same pipping for a 7mgte or wtv will also fit. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
i know the stock mk3 intercooler fits with minor modification, as there are a few guys using that set up, not sure if the aftermarket hard pipes work as easily.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
running the stock mkiii piping and intercooler will equate to running hot air through a crazy straw.

get yourself a small npr intercooler and an ebay intercooler pipe kit.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey aaron is there any way you could give me the dimensions on your innercooler. i found one on craigs list and was wondering if they were the same size.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh and those pix make me want to cry comparing them to my engine....

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also here is a question.... the person i purchased my car from bypassed the o2 sensor is that going to cause a problem after the turbo install?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well obviously my check engine light is constantly on, and at random times at a higher speed and/or rpm it will kind of sputter but i am not sure if that is because of the o2 sensor or because of one of my injector plugs keeps getting loose. damn the old plastic plugs......

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
would a 23.5"x10"x2.5" 2" inlet and 2" out intercooler fit up there behind the grill??

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's my setup, 12x24X3 2.5in/out. Fits with about 1/2" before it would show out of the bottom of the bumper. Right side tow hook removed and a notch cut on the right as well. Hope it helps. Oh and there is no way I could see keeping the stock AC system in place and clearing the IC im using unless your ok with it rubbing or making a modification to the bumper beam to add clearance.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea appreciate that 2j that actually does help me out alot. thanx for the pix as well....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Glad I can help a little, im just not sure how you would want to go about routing the tubing to the TB, its going to be different from mine with a xM engine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts