Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan of the OEM steering wheel in my 1985 Celica supra and would like to change it. I haven't decided what I want yet but I know that I need a hub to go from the steering column to whatever wheel I end up buying. How would I go about making sure the hub fits on my car? If anybody else has changed their wheel Id love to see what you chose and what hub you used.

·
Premium Member
7,594 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,164 Posts
FWIW pretty much any Toyota steering wheel can also be used if you're creative. I run a later Mk3 one.

·
Registered
965 Posts
A Nardi wheel with a quick release is a pretty top notch setup, not a bad way to go if you've got the scratch.

After reading through Gambles excellent write-up I will say my Grant wheel, although a cheaper setup, was a lot easier to install. They had a Toyota specific hub that worked great.

Another Toyota wheel, a Nardi, Grant or whatever... I would just pick what wheel you like the most and find a way to make it work.

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
You just need to get the depth right. The AE86 needs a different thickness for the adapter, they are much thicker. All of the major wheel manufacturer's either make adapters that fit our car or work with other brands adapters that have an application for old Toyotas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts