Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone here that is running after market turbos and manifolds if so why or why not just curious to see what i should do

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
go to www.rabidchimp.com this is Aaron Garney's site he has a turbo set up you can purchase.

as for why to go turbo....duh more power LOL :D (just my opinion as if it counts :roll: )

there are people running 5MGTE's, 6MGTE's and 7MGTE's maybe they can help you out on reasons why to go turbo or not.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Zank, I think he's talking about custom manifolds and turbos. THere are no members here that I know of that run custom manifolds. The reason you would, however, is to upgrade beyond the limits of the ct26. The ct is the only turbo that will fit on the 7m manifold, and it is good for medium boost levels when upgraded. However, if you want some serioius flow from the turbo, you need to upgrade to a different style of turbo, and therefore need a custom manifold. Going custom also gives you the ability to run an external wastegate (more accurate than internal). You can also go with a twin turbo setup.

Here's a few links to custom turbo manifold:

http://www.back-yard-productions.com/turbomanifolds.htm

and heres a twin turbo one:

http://www.turboboss.com/cat.pl?cat=Turbo&make=Toyota&model=7MGTE Supra&item=00010

Christian

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You can get an adaptor plate to run T04's on the 7M manifolds...

Another reason to upgrade is for better flow characteristics of the mani/header, or to get better thermal characteristics.... because as we all know, heat is responsible for almost 80% of the energy that spools a turbo...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what i meant was is there anyone running an after market turbo kit for a 7mgte on there 5 or 6mgte

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Racetek82 said:
Read this thread on SF about my upcoming turbo kit...tubular manifold...and T-series turbo....etc.....

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114867

Ray,very nice!!! I am interested in the tubulat turbo manifold,ant idea yet on price? The Turbonetics "HKS" log manifold is around $700,and localy I have one guy tell me $1400 for a custom tubular,and another in the $500-700 range "some difference huh :roll: "
I know the HKS unit flows very well,so I'm looking to spend a few bucks less,unless there are definate hp/tq gains. 8)

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Don't waste your money on those unless you're going to try for 600hp. The stock 89+ 7mgte manifold will work just fine for 500rwhp and even better with some porting.

The MAXX 7mgte manifold/to4 adaptor would be the way to go.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
WadeT said:
Don't waste your money on those unless you're going to try for 600hp. The stock 89+ 7mgte manifold will work just fine for 500rwhp and even better with some porting.

The MAXX 7mgte manifold/to4 adaptor would be the way to go.
Already have that adapter :D Guess I'll have to run it,see how much,if any difference to Ophir's HKS :?: Also a bit concerned about space with the adapter.have not tried a test fit,yet,and dont have a car configured to do so yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts