Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? Does anyone have information on radiator/cooling upgrades? I remember seeing a old post for a custom 3-core that Don C. and Shawn P. fabricated, but I can't seem to find that info on the forum. Has anyone had experience with this (or other) aftermarket units in their MKII's? It hit a riduculous 110 degrees today in Vegas, and I know its going to get worse. I'm seriously looking into cooling modifications, even non-radiator upgrades that you all have had success with. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Nix99 3 core radiator - works for me

I have a 7MGE conversion on an '85. Problems.
Don's radiator certainly solved any overheating issues I had.

Jeff
Santa Fe, New Mexico...

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
1 in stock $350 + shipping.Nix 99-1-800-782-0682

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Any radiator shop can upgrade your existing radiator to a 3-core unit. That's what I did for Project 2JZ, and it only cost me AU$250. Sure you could get a fancy aftermarket rad, but if an upgraded stocker keeps a boosted 2JZ cool I doubt you'd need anything more!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Norbie said:
Any radiator shop can upgrade your existing radiator to a 3-core unit. That's what I did for Project 2JZ, and it only cost me AU$250. Sure you could get a fancy aftermarket rad, but if an upgraded stocker keeps a boosted 2JZ cool I doubt you'd need anything more!
Norbie, tell me more about this. I knew you said that you were having cooling problems but this solved it? Are you running electric fans? What kind of space do you have left? :?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
You could try using Redline wetter water or Hy-per lube suprer coolant the claim up to 20 degree tempature drop ( I just bought a bottle of the hy-per lube stuff myself from Gi-joe's)

from the bottle:

"Super coolant lowers the surface tension of the coolant allowing it to more deeply penetrate the metal surfaces at vital heat-transfer areas in the cooling system. This allows cooling systems using a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water to run 6-8 degrees cooler, racing apps. using straight water to run up to 20 degrees cooler"

It also states to protect from rust, corrosion and electrolysis.

Just a thought ( certinaly cheeper than a new rad)

Best regards

Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts