Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for aftermaket stick on rub rails that are very close to stock. Original stuff seems to be unavailable or $1000 for a complete set.
Any suggestions??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the correct name for rub rails?

Just wondering because rub rails comes for boats and that was all I could think to name them.
What is the correct name....anyone...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just wondering because rub rails comes for boats and that was all I could think to name them.
What is the correct name....anyone...
I call them "Door-ding Strips" or "Door Trim". They might be called something to do with molding. Because the lower trim (below the door) is call "Rocker-panel Molding".

I've heard of what '82supra is talking about, from what I understand it looks good. You'll have to do a quick search to find it or someone will pipe up and tell you.

I think the best solution, if you arn't neccessarily going for an OEM look is deleting the piece all together. Weld the little holds on the shut and mold the things on the flare in (Whenever you wash your car, water slowly drips down as it drys leaving water spots). If I do my rust work this winter I'm going to do exactly that, I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do for the lower trim (Rocker Panel). I saw a thread about using the garage door seals on that too. That might be what I'll do, we'll see.

Good luck,

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts