Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
well heres my pic, its in my sig.
they are 15x7 riken, i dont know the offset, im guessing aournd 10mm maybe.

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Thanks Nelson. Unfortunately, those are among the growing list of wheels that are being discontinued for our cars.

Glad someone started this thread. Love seeing mk2s with aftermarket wheels. And I know there are plenty more out there that haven't posted. The Simmons, Braids, Enkeis, Compomotives, Forgelines, Panasports... five spokes, mesh.... I just feel tingly all over. :lol:

Regards,
James R

· Super Moderator
7,145 Posts
MikeD said:
I'd thought I'd post a pic of mine with 17's Braids.

Edit- Pic posted just won't show up. Sorry...
Here you go Mike, not that I'm biased but that car and those rims just rock :shock:

Hey...just noticed...all i need is a pix of Christians Car and we have all 4 Braids' in one post :woowoo:

· Registered
15,062 Posts
guess its a good thing i posted on he yahoo list that the braids came in the size and offset we needed huh. lol. otherwise the group buy may have never been started. wish i had the dough for a set though, they are sweet.
william

· Premium Member
7,110 Posts
Looks like a Schmidt. Very popular in the VW world ;) Are you sure about the bolt pattern? I didnt think they had our size. Also when I priced them in what appeared to be teh smallest size (18 ) they were ~$800 each.

:D

Oh, and for the original with the center cap not blacked out, see here LOL

http://www.german-wheels.com/images/felgen/gross-freigestellt/VN-Line-3-tlg-18.jpg

rsdeo said:
The following wheels are available in sizes for the MKII. Pricing is around $400/wheel. 3 pce construction.

· Supra since '86
5,406 Posts
Thanks for the manufacturers info. Now I can find out for sure. I was sent the two pictures by a dealer. I thought maybe they had made a mistake because the image of the car was a MK3 not a MK2. They did say custom fitments.

I thought they looked like the rims on that VW Golf you posted before, but couldn't find the post to confirm. I did save that picture, but where....

I guess owning that VW does help more than driving old people around. :lol:

· Supra since '86
5,406 Posts
Are there any alloy wheel manufacturers in Russia? My friend is going there in May on a business trip for something we are working on and he could contact them for us. If so the pricing will be dirt cheap. You wouldn't believe how far our two currencies go there.

I was told the wheels were made by Revolution.

· Supra since '86
5,406 Posts
Malloy said:

LOL

Dunno bout russian wheels. Razor may have an idea.
Maybe those aren't the same wheels. I still like that VW... crazy.

If they have that much lip on the MK3 then maybe with the right pcd they will fit a MK2? But $800/wheel is too much. I will ask again about the price and fitment to make sure. It would be nice if they had a picture of a MK2 with them on.

· Registered
868 Posts
williamb82 said:
guess its a good thing i posted on he yahoo list that the braids came in the size and offset we needed huh. lol. otherwise the group buy may have never been started. wish i had the dough for a set though, they are sweet.
william
Like George said, Thanks! I was surprise not more got on this Braids GB.
Also, give props to George for managing GB. Next time should be easy as Braids should have the correct specs now for our mk2's.

· Premium Member
7,110 Posts
Agreed to some degree. The 'drift' guys keep it somewhat functional tho...where that mk3 VW serves no function aside from looking rediculous. Look at everyone in the crowd..haha. What you say here is unrelated to my point about Schmidt wheels. The 'mystery' Schmidt wheels are popular in the VW scene, which has nothing to do with what offset the 'drift community in Japan' has been running for decades.

We can all agree that the 'crazy offset look' is uglier than F fortunately..or can we? ;)

SupraFiend said:
Oh come now, the crazy offset look has been very popular with the drift community in Japan for decades.

http://www.pbase.com/image/25161551

http://www.pbase.com/image/25161559

· Premium Member
10,234 Posts
its just that you make it sound like its some exclusive VW thing. Its just as popular if not more in the old school japanese scene. No I don't really care for the look when the lips extend beyond the fenders or tires several sizes too small are stretched onto big rims, but big rims will be always cool. Even something stupid like these schmidt wheels (isn't there a schmidt something rather of everything in germany :wtf1: ) you can't help but go "that looks stupid, but thats some damn nice big lip!" :D

And I apologize for saying "drift community". Whenever I say anything that in anyway involves drifting on this forum now, I feel all dirty because a certain member has tainted the subject for everyone :evil:

41 - 60 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.