Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

· Premium Member
7,110 Posts
No I dont. I made it sound like Schmidt wheels are popular in the VW world, cause they are. They are primarily known for VW, and other German car applications. They are NOT popular on Jap cars, thats a fact. Again, I was not talking about the stupid ill fitments, I was talking about the wheel brand. We were trying to ID the wheel, I did, and I shared where they were popular. Thats all :)

Nahmean?

SupraFiend said:
its just that you make it sound like its some exclusive VW thing. Its just as popular if not more in the old school japanese scene. No I don't really care for the look when the lips extend beyond the fenders or tires several sizes too small are stretched onto big rims, but big rims will be always cool. Even something stupid like these schmidt wheels (isn't there a schmidt something rather of everything in germany :wtf1: ) you can't help but go "that looks stupid, but thats some damn nice big lip!" :D

And I apologize for saying "drift community". Whenever I say anything that in anyway involves drifting on this forum now, I feel all dirty because a certain member has tainted the subject for everyone :evil:

· Registered
9,096 Posts
WOOHOO!!!

Wheels look great on the car Josh!!!!

Any pics of the "right" side??? :D :lol: :D (Heh, it's that blue door fetish). :banme:

[edit] Whoops, never mind, found some blue door pictures. :lol:

· Registered
379 Posts
Ok, I'll add some more pics from the Land Down Under. The pics are a bit average, but once the car is back on the road and claen, I'll try and get some more.

Simmons B45, 16 x 8", + 25mm offset (running 20mm spacer on the rear)

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/8600/2004-07-25044.jpg

http://img15.exs.cx/img15/7342/2004-04-14008.jpg

CSA Gladiators, 17 x 8", + 6mm offset (running 20mm spacer on the rear)

http://img2.exs.cx/img2/9880/2004-08-19017.jpg

http://img39.exs.cx/img39/8689/2004-08-19022.jpg

Those that have eagle eyes will notice that the wheels now have 5 studs !!!!!

· Registered
15,062 Posts
pics of the enkie's finished and on the car.

pics

· Registered
1,629 Posts
Yes, they do look terrific. Can't go wrong with black centers/polished lip on a black car :yumyum:

BTW, good work on the pruning of this thread Sidman :thumbup:

· Registered
15,062 Posts
sideman, i keep telling ya, they are 15x7's not 15x8. enkei never made them wider then 7. outer lip to outer lip is 8in on 7in wide rims. :p

· Registered
15,062 Posts
sorry i misspelled it. and sorry about bugging ya, just im particular like that. cant help it. i have 3 15x7 enkie's also, need to find at least 1 more for a full set.

· Registered
256 Posts
Mmmmm I wish people posted more prices. Since their is such a massive lack of 0-offset rims, I'd like to see a few pics of adapter-30mm+ wheel combos.

Deep lip is badass, but such a limited selection for such massive cash, pains me.

· Registered
1,678 Posts

SSR/RS-Watanabe RS-8s (16x7 +32 front, 16x8 +32 rear) with 33mm TechnoToyTuning adaptors, Kyokugen lugs and 225/50-16, 245/45-16 Fuzion ZRi tires.

The rims were $680 shipped from rbmotoring.com , the spacers were $195 shipped from T3, the lugs were $50 from evasivemotorsports and the tires were $390 on sale from our local Bridgestone/Firestone.

To me, it was worth it to sacrifice lip. I gained better tire selection, space for a big brake upgrade, and decent looks. If you're willing to use adapters, it opens up your choices substantially.

I'm looking for RS-8 center caps, but Mas at Takumi Project said RS-8s are special and the center caps are pretty much made of unobtanium. It's something to consider if you go for this wheel.

Mas @ Takumi Project said:
If you have the RS-8 wheels that are made by SSR(SpeedStar Racing), then the RS Watanabe centercaps will not fit the RS-8’s built by SSR.

RS-8 wheels were actually made by a company called “Ueda Shoji” who licensed the design from RS Watanabe, then had SSR build the wheels for them.

RS-8’s do have their own centercaps specifically for those wheels but they are extremely difficult to find by itself…

Not sure what if any other centercaps will work on the RS-8’s, but I do know that the RS Watanabe centercaps will not fit the RS-8’s properly.

· Registered
6,546 Posts
BuddyJ said:

SSR/RS-Watanabe RS-8s (16x7 +32 front, 16x8 +32 rear) with 33mm TechnoToyTuning adaptors, Kyokugen lugs and 225/50-16, 245/45-16 Fuzion ZRi tires.

The rims were $680 shipped from rbmotoring.com , the spacers were $195 shipped from T3, the lugs were $50 from evasivemotorsports and the tires were $390 on sale from our local Bridgestone/Firestone.

To me, it was worth it to sacrifice lip. I gained better tire selection, space for a big brake upgrade, and decent looks. If you're willing to use adapters, it opens up your choices substantially.

I'm looking for RS-8 center caps, but Mas at Takumi Project said RS-8s are special and the center caps are pretty much made of unobtanium. It's something to consider if you go for this wheel.
would konig rewind center caps be too much blaspehemy to put on them? iirc they are $20 each new. kinda expensive. wouldnt know if they fit though...

oh yeah forgot to say, those look HOT!

· Registered
1,678 Posts
Good idea Chris! I really don't know if they'd fit or anything... I'll look into it.

Thanks for the compliment. I'd really like to get a better picture than that one I posted. They look 100x better in person. Sadly, they make the rest of my car look like crap. Oh well.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
MB Motoring Rev's, 17x7 40mm offset
Someone said they wanted to see some high offset wheels with spacers on a car.
Two inch aluminum spacers out back, and one incers out front. Looks great, but you can't beet deep dish.. sigh... some day. oh, and Suspension Techniques springs too if your wondering.

Two inchers for the back

One inchers for the front

· Registered
578 Posts
I looked for a long time to try and find a wheel that wasn't some sort of variation on the spoke design. Budnik had several options for four bolt patterns and it didn't hurt that they were only five miles from my house but they weren't cheap. You can order them polished but I figured I could always polish them if that was the look I wanted after I painted the car black

http://www.budnik.com/roadwheelcat.asp?scid=56&pg=2

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.