Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Aftermarket Wheel Picture Collaboration

56122 Views 99 Replies 54 Participants Last post by  Ukelay13
Why don't we make a collaboration of all those aftermarket wheels our memebers are rolling on. I know that if we could get some pics posted for comparison it would make my choice a lot easier. Yeh I am still a stocker. So just post that bling.

Wish I was rollin on some fat ass wheels,

MItch
81 - 100 of 100 Posts
dualtips said:
I noticed that noone mentioned the sportmax 002 wheels 15x8 0 offset got mine $160cdn shipped, not here yet :(
Where did you get them for that price?
Superium said:
Where did you get them for that price?
thats what i want to know.
that was per wheel, LMFAO

Edit: and it was through kal tire
Wheels and adapters

Enjoyed looking at all the aftermarket rims.

I have been researching the pro's and con's to changing the MkII from 4 lug to 5 lug just to open up the wheel selection hopefully without the huge price for a custom wheel.

Some questions that I need to ask....
1. Pros / cons of the change?
2. Use adapters or change actual hub by redrilling or swapping out. (seen later on a resto thread)
3. What depth of adaptor?
4. 15", or 16" wheel?
See less See more
yotahilux said:
Enjoyed looking at all the aftermarket rims.

I have been researching the pro's and con's to changing the MkII from 4 lug to 5 lug just to open up the wheel selection hopefully without the huge price for a custom wheel.

Some questions that I need to ask....
1. Pros / cons of the change?
2. Use adapters or change actual hub by redrilling or swapping out. (seen later on a resto thread)
3. What depth of adaptor?
4. 15", or 16" wheel?

1.Opinions differ,not going there,LOL.
2.Same as above,has to do with wheel selection,what you are looking for.
3.Offset of desired wheel determines this.
4.Opinions again, ... what do YOU want ???

Wheel selection can be be a real PITA,and hard to get a grip on.
I realize that alot of what I ask is opinions.

What I am looking for is a wheel that will not cost me my 1st born, I can get locally, and looks good.

I have researched the aftermarket wheels for the MkII. I have found, as several threads state, most wheel manufacturers no longer make wheels that fit our cars unless one is wheeling to pay big $$$ for custom wheels. That is definitely out of my budget.

I have been told that wheels made for the fox body mustang will fit the MkII. After I have researched it, the bolt pattern is not the same?

I am very confused about offset. What is the max offset of a wheel for a 1985 Supra Ptype? Is this amount affected by the Wheel diameter? I want to run a minimum of a 15" but no bigger than a 16" wheel.

I have a local machine shop that has made adapters that convert from one lug pattern to another with great success. Before I go this route, I just wanted to know what the forum thinks, what they have tried.

I am just trying to do some homework now and get a better understanding of what the limitations of wheel size and offset are so when I am ready to get wheels I can get-r-done.

chuck
See less See more
yotahilux said:
I am very confused about offset. What is the max offset of a wheel for a 1985 Supra Ptype? Is this amount affected by the Wheel diameter? I want to run a minimum of a 15" but no bigger than a 16" wheel.

I am just trying to do some homework now and get a better understanding of what the limitations of wheel size and offset are so when I am ready to get wheels I can get-r-done.

chuck
I'm not the best at offsets without thinking about it,or having the wheels in hand to play with.But,I have a few different sets I have played with.I will say,anything with 30 or higher offset will need an adapter/spacer,again this changes with diameter,so it gets confusing as hell.
Diameter of wheel,width of wheel,and offset,all have to be considered at the same time.I have 17x8's +25 on the rear of my L-type,I test fitted the wheels on the front,with a 225 tire,they would clear and have no rubbing issues.I just picked up a pair of 16x8 +30 offset "aprox. 1/4" diff. width" and they are 2-3mm front rubbing the strut."bought these for the rear anyway,just happened to test fit".Now a 16x7 +30,would gain a 1/2" clearance and would actualy be a usable wheel on the front.
HTH
help

This will help me make a FAQ also. Post away guys :)

Simmons OM
17x8 10mm offset 3" lip
17x9 0mm offset 4" lip

http://www.celicasupra.com/images/lip1.jpg
http://www.celicasupra.com/images/river1.jpg
http://www.celicasupra.com/images/river3.jpg
I like this wheel tire combo...does anybody know what size tires are on thee wheels?
Rears are 255/40/17. No idea what the fronts are.
Wow, this thread was started quite some time ago. Thought i posted in this thread already, must of been a similar aftermarket wheel thread. I've got a set of Circle Racing Wheels that i bought from Don L. about a year back, I'm sure everyone's seen them. They're 16x8s with 0mm offset and currently wrapped in Kelly EVO Z tires in 255/50R16.

See less See more
BSA 17x7.5" +0ET

215/40/17 front Toyo Proxes T1R

235/40/17 rear Toyo Proxes T1R

See less See more
evil_foetus...what did you do to make your car a 5 lug i have heard of a few options but i just wanted to know what it is you did?
hehehe yeah, ms65 crown hubs front, ms123 hubs rear

i bought it all off the dude that started the craze, how cool am i??? :p
Work Meister S1 17X8-4 (4inch dish) & 17X10-29 (6inch dish)
Work Meister S1 17X8-4 (4inch dish) & 17X10-29 (6inch dish)
Pictures?
I just got these yesterday. The brand is XXR racing 002, the size is 16X8 0 offset. The tires are Goodyear V Eagle GTs the size is 225/50/R16. I have 25 miles on them and I am so far happy. It has been wet and cold (35-40F) I can't wait to try them on warm dry pavement. Enjoy.

(Sorry all I have is my phone camera)

Here is the weird tread on the Eagles

And finally my parts car has wheels of it's own and can graduate from the blocks. :zzzzz:

See less See more
ukelay omg that car doesnt look right :/
its to high up in the air!
You should cut springs lol
Moonpie,

Yea I know it needs to come down. You are not the first person to point that out. :thumbsup: It's on the list of things to do. I already have my LJM strut bar thanks to Jeff. I am trying to figure out which suspension setup best suits my needs. The car is a work in progress, and I love working on it.

I was disappointed but not surprised that I was not the first person here with those rims.

:nono: to cutting springs.
81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.