Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
The new dash gauges installation took a lot more time than I thought it would. Organizing the wire harness situation behind the dash is still not quite finished. The evaporator core is back in, but the Jim King A/C system still needs some connections completed. Every time I take a long break I have to figure out where I left off.

Full time job, night classes to complete my degree and my wife and daughter have been keeping me busy. Good news is that I don't have any college classes from now until July 6th! And then I only have two classes left until my degree is completed. I will be finished with my coursework the first week of September this year. However, I would like to have Agatha running before the end of May.

Headed over to the folks place tonight, so the car cover might come off for a little bit.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
One of these meets,I'd like to get a shot at of at least FIVE DAVE's together!

Nationals.
Centralia.
Sultan.
Not in that order.

Maybe our cars behind all of them Dave's.

The big issue seems to be always the TIME to do:
Work,family,our Supras.
Stay tuned to these channels.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Agatha has been up and running for a few months now. She pulls harder than ever with the new turbo/injectors/Lexus AFM. Went for a short joy ride and got a fresh tank of gas last month. Still haven't finished organizing the wire harnesses behind the dash, so the glove box and some other trim panels are still off. Bought a welder earlier this week which will help with installing the rear sway bar tab brackets that I bought a few years ago.

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
Cool! So that turbo I sold you is working out well? I'd love to take that thing for a spin sometime, I always wanted to see what the boost characteristics of that turbo were actually like.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yep, the turbo seems to be working great. Actually, it might be working a little too well! Even though I have the waste-gate at the lowest setting the brand new SPEC Stage 2 clutch , which is supposed to be good for 310 ft/lbs of torque, starts slipping right when things start getting really fun. I just put a resurfaced flywheel on too. *Sighs* I'm going to have to put the really heavy pressure plate back in that Don originally installed to keep the clutch from slipping. Hope I still have it on the parts shelf somewhere. It's a real leg workout if you get stuck in traffic, but it'll probably never slip. More likely to break the transmission or differential at full power.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Agatha is ALIVE????!!!

I know you are busy boy! Slipping clutch under power in first and second gear probably.
Well,it won't blow the tranny/diff that way.

I hope to see you at one of our meets THIS YEAR,Dave.
The last time I saw you in your car was at the Sultan run when you thought that you blew a head gasket.WAAAY back when. I also remember that you barked the rear tires a LOT.. IN the town of Sultan from a stop light. 2009,maybe.
Was that the year that it snowed a week B-4 the 4/27/20XX meet at your place?
Those pix are gone. Do you have some for us of Agatha?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thought I'd drop a quick update here. Agatha is still in good shape and periodically I take her out for a drive. Looking forward to checking her tire pressures, fluid levels, etc. and going for a short drive later today. I've been busy with my two little girls, my wife, house projects (Someday I'll build my garage!) and working at Lamborghini Bellevue now.

How's the PacNW Supra scene these days? Hope you've all been doing well while I've been in away mode.

Also, what's the preferred image hosting site these days? Photobucket isn't what it used to be...

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
Hey! Good to hear things are well and ol Agatha is going strong. Bring it up here for the Pac Nationals this year! In July as per usual.

Photobucket shot itself in the foot pretty good, but most of us are using chrome plugins to keep it limping along.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I adjusted Agatha's turbo wastegate a bit today and eliminated my boost cut problem. Glancing over at the gauge while pulling hard in 4th it still gets up to about 15 PSI max boost. She is way more fun to drive now with no boost cut ruining the fun.

Took my daughter out to see the sun set by the lake.

Still need to get the Jim King A/C system wired up and filled with refrigerant.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I made some good progress on Agatha today. The welder I bought four years ago is finally being used to fix the broken right side sway bar tab and reinforce the left side too. I'm not great at TIG welding, so no pictures to show off pretty beads, but I have plenty of power and make good penetration for a strong weld. The new sway bar tabs will be double the thickness of the originals.

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
It was more the welds that weren't strong enough then the actual tabs, but upgrading both is a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing this beast on the road again! (when the pandemic is over anyways lol)

81 - 96 of 96 Posts