Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air conditioning was working fine, getting the car nice and cold pretty qiuckly, now I only get hot air form the vents no matter how the controls are set. The fan works but thats it. I've got an 82 with the automatic air conditioner. Any sugesstions? Has anybody else had this problem? Got any estimates for the cost of fixing the A/C?

I don't really care, but it'd be nice if it worked since it's bloody hot out right now. Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
195 Posts
82Ltype said:
My air conditioning was working fine, getting the car nice and cold pretty qiuckly, now I only get hot air form the vents no matter how the controls are set. The fan works but thats it. I've got an 82 with the automatic air conditioner. Any sugesstions? Has anybody else had this problem? Got any estimates for the cost of fixing the A/C?

I don't really care, but it'd be nice if it worked since it's bloody hot out right now. Thanks, Brian
Well, if the AC stopped working suddenly, I'd first check the most obvious: the AC compressor belt. That's the outter-most belt on the crank, and the compressor is on the driver's side under the air-intake manifold. Hopefully it's that simple.

- Mike

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Only hot air usually means temp sensor-external in front of radiator by pass headligt wiring-Internal in center console-If youve been into console recently, I know from experience its easy to disconnect-Mike P

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
yeh i also have a problem similar to this one....i recently jus got my air conditionin refilled and it is kinda cold but not as cold as it used to be and when you put it on high it doesnt feel as though its on high....ie....air doesnt flow out as much as you would expect....ne suggestions????

charlie

·
Registered
830 Posts
i jsut swapped my engine and my AC worked fine on the other engine now all it blows is hot air. its really annoying. CarFreek whats this your talking about a temp sensor? tell me more or how i can fix this thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Theres 2 Temp sensors in the circuit that cn cause hot air all the time-Ive screwed up both-Theres one in center console-rear of console under ashtray for rear seats is a little air vent-Theres a little fan/sensor combo their that if disconnected, will make Air blow hot all the time no matter where you put controls-The other one is attatched to pass side Headlight moto wiring loom-By all the ac stuff in front of radiator-follow wires to sensor approximately a foot over toward center of car-sensor is about the size of two bic lighters taped together-Either sensor when unplugged will cause hot air all the time-Good Luck-Took me a couple of minutes to figure out that the useless(apparently) clip that I left unhooked when I replaced my Headlite motor was killing my Air-Mike P

Reactions: 4runnerfeller

·
Registered
830 Posts
thanks CarFreek i know why my AC dosn't work its cuz i didn't hook up that little fan under the centre console cuz it was always squeeking :lol: thanks for the help i'll hook that temp senser back up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts