Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the aluminum suction hose that runs in front of the AC condenser at the front of the car. It attaches to the suction hose at the right side that attaches to the compressor.

Air Conditioning Diagram showing Lower Suction Line.jpg
Aluminum tube highlighted in Red

AC Aluminum Suction Hose Left.jpg
Left Side

AC Aluminum Suction Hose Right.jpg
Right Side

I'm afraid I don't have a full picture of it. It's 5/8" diameter aluminum with black foam insulation.

I would also like an 88503-14060 Evaporator Pressure Regulator (EPR) Valve.

Let me know what you would like for this and also what it would cost to ship to Canada V4C 7S5

Thanks

Dale

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
You should really buy the EPR valve new. Most of the old ones leak by now. It's still available surprisingly for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should really buy the EPR valve new. Most of the old ones leak by now. It's still available surprisingly for a reasonable price.
Good point. I never suspected that this would be available. I will do that.

Now the aluminum suction tube is another story. It definitely is no longer available.

Thanks for the input.

Dale

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good point. I never suspected that this would be available. I will do that.

Now the aluminum suction tube is another story. It definitely is no longer available.

Thanks for the input.

Dale
It does not have to be hard line, So you could make your own line. Go to coldhose.com for A/C parts

James

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does not have to be hard line, So you could make your own line. Go to coldhose.com for A/C parts

James
That's true. It gets rid of the need to custom bend aluminum tube and braze/weld on adapters. However, my car is quite original so I want to keep it as stock as possible.
If at all possible I would like to have the stock part to keep it looking original.

It may come down to that however. I had not seen this company before. A lot of AC companies don't sell into Canada. This one does so I really appreciate you pointing it out.

Dale

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
If you don't want the big, bulky EPR valve you can put a temp sensor inside the evaporator box right against the core, and then use a little controller to cycle the compressor on and off when the core gets close to freezing. That is the way ALL modern cars work, and it simplifies the plumbing and increases the efficiency. A good standalone ECM can also do this, and turn the compressor off when you are at WOT.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was planning on doing an A/C delete on my car over the winter. I can get a jump start on it now and take the hose off and sell it to you if you're still looking for it. My car is an '82. Is the A/C system the same through the years?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planning on doing an A/C delete on my car over the winter. I can get a jump start on it now and take the hose off and sell it to you if you're still looking for it. My car is an '82. Is the A/C system the same through the years?
PM Sent

Dale

1 - 8 of 8 Posts