Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the electrical diagram on how to install an AutoMeter air/fuel guage? How difficult or easy is it if I have no idea what I'm doing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
there are 3 wires
black=negative or ground
red=ignition sw
green= O2 sensor output wire.... in MK2 the O2 sensor is only 1 wire

wiring up an A/F gauge is fairly easy... just need to get a solder to extend the green wire to reach the O2 sensor and the rest is just wiring everything up

about 20 minutes or so

·
Founding Member
6,409 Posts
As with any low voltage electronics, lots of ppl have had interference problems. Thats why toyota uses a shielded wire from the O2 to the ECU. I recommend you use a shielded wire for the O2 pickup to the gauge too. Radio Shack (if you have one near you) has a 22g single conductor shielded speaker wire that works perfect. Also to consider if interference is still a problem (was for me), run an isolated power circuit to the battery with a relay on the ignition circuit. Set up like this all is well. Good luck.

Phil D.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. :)
So in order to adjust the mixture, would I just turn the little screw on the AFM? My friend has adjusted it before but we never had an A/F guage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts