Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for a more affordable air intake pipe for my 5MGE (84 supra)

Rabidchimp sells one for $190... But I am looking to see if anyone knows of a more budget deal.

Thank you for the help :)

My complete engine rebuild is almost done and I have invested over $2000 into it already.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I do not know of any that are cheaper and is a perfect fit. You can't go wrong with the quality of RabidChimp product. I'd say, save up and go with RabidChimp; you will not regret it.

Good luck with the rebuild. For that money, it should be done right.

·
Registered
472 Posts
if youve already spent that much on the engine, just go with the rabid chimp intake.

i want one but my supra needs an engine rebuild so im saving for that. seen many pics on here with people that have me and they look great. it helps clean up the engine bay really well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'd say just save for a new one, but keep your eyes open for a used one too. Searching for other things, I found mine for $40 on craigslist.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I actually need it ASAP, Rabidchimp I might take the $170 one from you :)

You guys are right, I should probably go with something high quality and looks nice

I plan on painting it metallic blue with the newer style "SUPRA" stencil on.

So I will have a chrome supra logo with a blue metallic pipe :)

Oh and 84ptype ill have to post a pic of my cam gear cover with plexiglass cutout. I used your design but blue instead of red

Thank you guys for the input

·
Registered
622 Posts
Competitive pricing going on here. uh-oh:sarcasm: Seriously though good prices here for a quality design for our cars. Only other one I would recommend is toysport.(hard to find)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have one I welded up with mendrel bent tubing and ran for a while before I got rid of all my 5m stuff (I've had jobs MIG welding so not ghetto) has bungs and you could clean it up and have it coated if you like. $60 shipped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts