Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I wanna make this quick. I've been a reader of this forum since 2004, but this is my first post. The car is 85 P-Type. So I wanted to disable the factory alarm, why? My battery keeps dying every 6 months and I think my alt just died so I'm replacing the battery and alternator. (Dont worry I think its a good alt. it says "ND"). So im trying to figure out what is causing this and I want to completely deactivate the alarm and the radio. Both are useless to me for now. So anyway I tried removing each of the 4 connectors under left passenger window but the alarm still comes on when I connect the battery! I had the help of a a neighbor who though he could help me and he was puzzled too. So then he cut these wires to this circuit board seen in the picture (orange and red wires) which is below the steering wheel and that didn't work either. I dont know a lot about electrical systems. So my question is what is that circuit board for and what the F*** will that do to my car!? Your help and questions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Not too sure of what was cut but disabling alarm is easy.

Under the armrest/behind panel in drivers side back seat there is a brain box for the alarm. Unplug the harness. Id cover those wires up. Cutting wires to disable stuff can get ugly.

As for the radio, Pull the fuse. Its in the drivers side front kick panel.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Under the armrest/behind panel in drivers side back seat there is a brain box for the alarm. Unplug the harness. Id cover those wires up. Cutting wires to disable stuff can get ugly.
I tried removing each of the 4 relays under left passenger window

That is just a sensor you cut. Find the main box the wires that you cut will run to it.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
That doesn't look like a "factory" alarm to me; more like an aftermarket unit that was wired in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts