Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving an 88 cressida, which i believe has the same factory alarm system as the MKII supras (lights flash, starter cut, a seperate horn honks). I'm installing an aftermarket alarm and i need to know how to disable this alarm.

Pulling the box out kills the starter until you put the box back in. Is there a pin in can close off/ground out on the alarm to disable this system?

I've looked through every alarm post on here and every one mentions that there is a way to disable the factory alarm, but none of them actually say what this method is.

Does anyone know?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just my 2 cents but I'm thrilles and amazed my factory alarm still works. I'd never disable it for some aftermarket crap. I'd get that satellite Lo-jack system if anything. Keep the book! chances are once the aftermarket one fucks up no one will know how to fix it. Unless you get a clifford or something.Good luck.

TEMPEST

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I actually have a Viper alarm on the Supra and I have always used it with the factory alarm. Doesn't stop the Viper from working and you have two alarms.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
How do you like your Viper? I have one on my truck and love it, did you do the install yourself on the supra?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts