Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Alessandro Zanardi - Some People Just Don't run at less than Flat Out

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  supraz 
#1 ·
So today Alex Zanardi is in critical condition after being hit by a truck in a wheel chair race. We are all praying for his recovery

Alex Zanardi NEVER runs at less than 100%

He raced in Formula 1 from 1991-1994 and again in 1999.
He came over the Atlantic to race in one of the golden eras of American open-wheel racing in CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams)
In 1996 he will forever be remembered for 'The Pass' at Laguna Seca where he passed Bryan Herta on the last lap of the race to win it.

The Pass

He won the CART racing championship in 1997 and 1998.
In 2001 he returned to CART racing and during a rare CART race in Germany suffered a horrendous crash that led to the amputation of both his legs.
He came back and raced in European Touring Car and World Touring Championships and scored 4 wins.

You can't keep a good man down.

He took up Paralympic Hand Cycling, winning 4 Gold Medals in the 2012 London Paralympics and the 2016 Rio Paralympics.

Yesterday Alex was taking part in the Obiettivo Tricolore handbike race in Italy to raise money for Corona Virus relief when he suffered a tumble and was hit by a truck.
He is in critical condition after surgery.

Former Formula 1 world champion Mario Andretti tweeted: "I am so anxious and frightened about Alex Zanardi that I'm holding my breath. I am his fan. I am his friend.

He is 53 years old!

You just can't keep a good man down.

Wow!

Dale

See less See more
Reactions: ray85p and ddd228
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.