Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I've finally moved on to a decent street tire. I'm looking for some allignment suggestions for a daily driven, weekend autocrosser. I'd like somewhat aggressive numbers, but I also want my tires to last. Current settings seem to lean towards oversteer but that could be the current shitty tires.

Current set up.

Front
TSC bar
Polyurethane bushings(strut rod, steering rack, control arm)
Ground Control coilovers w/ 400lb springs
T3 RCAs, Camber plates and upper hats
SW20 rear AGX in shortened casings

Rear
Dobinson standard height springs cut 1.5 coils. I'm guessing this leaves me with a 300ish lb rate
OEM mustang GT rear shocks
Poly bushings
Camber mod
TSC bar V1(I may remove this)

Front
Camber- -2.4*
Caster- 4.5*
Toe-0

Rear
Camber- -1.6*
Toe-1/16in toe in

Wheels are enkei 15x7 +0 with 225 50 15 Kumho Ecsta AST, a 400 treadwear tire. New tires will be BFG Gforce sports in the same size.

I'm thinking running less camber front and rear could help dial out some of my oversteer. Maybe along the lines of 1* F+R.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I really have any other options though? I'd like to step up to some adjustable sways but thats just more cash than I can afford to throw at the car right now. Thinking I may just get the new tires on first, then do some driving to determine weather the current numbers are adequate.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Work on increasing grip on the slipping end, not decreasing grip on the gripping end.

Bigger rear tires.
More rear camber.
Smaller rear swaybar.

Those would be the first two things I would do to get more corner grip out back.

--billyM

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Work on increasing grip on the slipping end, not decreasing grip on the gripping end.

Bigger rear tires.
More rear camber.
Smaller rear swaybar.

Those would be the first two things I would do to get more corner grip out back.

--billyM
Tires. 225 is the widest i can get in a 15
Camber. Daily driver. I want said tires to last.
Sway. Stock sways currently.

Leaves me with only one option. Alignment settings. Anyone want to share their alignment set-ups?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
upgrade ur front sway bar. leave the stock rear. then give her a go

u can only do so much with alignment especially since u want ur tires to last. its a give and take.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Hey, I don't think you are far off in settings. I'd go 1/16' toe in PER SIDE in the rear (total 1/8"), don't decrease camber in the rear it is fine. Less camber in rear than you currently have will cause MORE oversteer. I would also guess perhaps your oversteer has a bit to do with a worn out factory LSD, basically acting like an open diff. Either rebuild it with the Weir kit or get a TruTrac helical LSD.
Your front alignment settings are good, maybe decrease the camber to 1.7 to 2 degrees just to get better tire life. Make sure you don't have excessive frontward rake on the car (front of car much lower than the rear) that imbalance can also cause oversteer. Yeah, tires will help too, but I'd of the theory that regardless of conditions, look at the overall balance of the car, regardless of whether in rain, dry, at speed. Lousy tires will still tell you which end of the car to work on, just the limits are lower, like driving in the wet. Hth.

Don L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts