Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 85 supra alittle while ago and it has no rust sounds awsome but its not very fast the engine sounds fine it also has a cold air intake but it dosent seem to move fast. Maybe the pervious owner messed with a sensor or something.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The supra name and a cold air intake DOES NOT make it a fast car......Read the drag times section and you will see that lots and lots of cars are faster than most of ours

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
have you put in skyline spark plugs yet? they give you like 80hp! no wonder its not fast :door:

·
Registered
82 Posts
165-170 Horsepower compared to today's cars, it is slow.

If I rewind to when these cars came out and you compared them to other cars on the road, they held their own.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I bought a 85 supra alittle while ago and it has no rust sounds awsome but its not very fast the engine sounds fine it also has a cold air intake but it dosent seem to move fast. Maybe the pervious owner messed with a sensor or something.
What were you expecting? - They look faster than they are, and that's OK with me.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
165-170 Horsepower compared to today's cars, it is slow.

If I rewind to when these cars came out and you compared them to other cars on the road, they held their own.

i enjoy with every single hp in my supra, :mk2_vroom

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but my last one which was a beat down 86 stock had more jam than this nicely restored 85 with the intake

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey I just got another one of these too and the best advise I can give is to check for error codes, check timing, plugs wires cap fuel filter.. I like to get a motor to excellent stock running condition with no ticks or bad idle or codes or anything. Start strong and work your way up from there. Plugged cat.. oil flush, injector cleaner, CLR the cooling system..

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think my car is pretty fast to be honest... although I have never driven in any other cars besides an 90' nissan 240, 89' celica, and an 92' celica... I still take over mid 90's preludes and what not with ease. :D

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I think my car is pretty fast to be honest... although I have never driven in any other cars besides an 90' nissan 240, 89' celica, and an 92' celica... I still take over mid 90's preludes and what not with ease. :D

buses can take preludes.

MKII's are hella slow. a new corolla, sentra, or civic could keep up with a stock MKII... a corolla xrs, sentra se-r, or a civic si would spank a stock MKII supra

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
lol. sad but true.

Badass car to own either way.

If it feels very slow......Do the above with tuning. Timing and such can slow you down a bit. Make sure its running right before you compare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts