Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Very cool. I saw something like it once while searching but couldn't find it again. :hail:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hmmmm...

I'm thinking that technology needs to be ummmm...."liberated" and put on the CS.com site.

:shifty:
Heh heh heh

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
Hmmmm...

I'm thinking that technology needs to be ummmm...."liberated" and put on the CS.com site.

:shifty:
Heh heh heh
Relocation is a good thing... 8)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just looking at the source code and a few lines from the top is this:

Dear "View Source" Hackers,
We have no control over whether or not you steal this code, so have fun.
Copyright SuperFord.org, 2002-2003

Umm.....

:eek:wned:

:lol:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
They're basically telling us to use it as we see fit. How can we refuse? :wink:

·
Registered
202 Posts
why not just ask them if we can use it =] and put their copyrite mark next to it or sum shit so it's legal 8)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Henge said:
why not just ask them if we can use it =] and put their copyrite mark next to it or sum shit so it's legal 8)
I like that idea best of all. That way, they get credit for the code they wrote, and we get some cool calculators on our site. Malloy, what do you think about this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
We're talking basic spreadsheet stuff here folks. I have many of these built already. (although they are in Lotus not Excel) I had no idea anyone would be interested.
Math is math, essential, but not that difficult to do when you know/understand the equation(s) and how they apply to an IC engine, etc.
I also have a couple I didn't see there, like what happens to injector flow when you increase/decrease fuel pressure, optimum runner length for a given RPM and cam duration, How to determine ram tube diameter etc.
It would still have to be translated into code of course.
Nothing beyond Stephen's abilities I'm sure.
Jamie

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
ghostrider said:
We're talking basic spreadsheet stuff here folks. I have many of these built already. (although they are in Lotus not Excel) I had no idea anyone would be interested.
Math is math, essential, but not that difficult to do when you know/understand the equation(s) and how they apply to an IC engine, etc.
I also have a couple I didn't see there, like what happens to injector flow when you increase/decrease fuel pressure, optimum runner length for a given RPM and cam duration, How to determine ram tube diameter etc.
It would still have to be translated into code of course.
Nothing beyond Stephen's abilities I'm sure.
Jamie
Jamie,

True it is basic mathematics that drives the calculations, however it's not quite as simple as it looks. I've copied the code and I'm looking it over to see how it works. I've written the people who run the website, asking for permission to use their code - and of course alter it for our own needs (cosmetically etc).

I won't proceed further until they give me the thumbs up. If there is anything I won't do, it's take someone elses hard work and use it myself without getting permission to do so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts