Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i recently retired my 85 supra from the daily grind and rather then let her go out to pasture i descided to turn her into a trailor queen. I already own a TEC 2 and am looking for a 2j with a 5speed combo to buy. My plans are to run it next year on the east coast in the COMP 6 class, which is allmotor 6 cyl. anyone know what the fastest allmotor MK2 is?
thanks,
steve

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
best I have heard of on all motor is 14.0 with a pretty much stock car stripped interior, with bolt on mods. I dont think the MK2 would be a very good all motor car. Might be better to get an MK1 it is lighter and has a solid rear axle with a 5 link suspension that would make it launch like a rocket.

·
Registered
351 Posts
how do you meter the air intake on something like that?

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
how do you meter the air intake on something like that?
Usually you don't. Most use throttle position to setup the fuel curve. You can use a MAP sensor with a reservior (too much pressure fluctation in the runners). If you have an air box you can route all the air thru a normal MAF.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ITSUKI Drifter said:
now where talking buss in that motort then... I would say.."Hey I think the hood won't fit... just leave it off!!!" :wink:
well since the cylinder heads on the v8 are angled, and there is that space over the engine for the air intake... I'd say that theres a chance that those intakes WOULD fit under the hood... but I would cut the hood and put some mesh in place of the hole, or 8 holes (australian BBQ style :wink: )

so the only question now is... Where the hell can I get my hands on one of those!? :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there. Thanks for your kind comments. I have been a long time lurker here but don't actually own a Mk2.....just interested in M and JZ series engines. I finally got the car on the track and it's as quick as a WRX STi in a straight line. I'm very happy :D . This would be an excellent upgrade for an MA61 (but ultimately it's no 2JZGTE firebreathing monster!).

The airflow isn't metered.....as has been stated, it's all done with the TPS.

As for the 1UZ, it does fit in the MA61 - a couple such hybrids exist here in Australia. However I couldn't guarantee the trumpets would fit under the bonnet. One could either fit some ugly bonnet scoop or bonnet bulge to make room, or the more expensive but stealthy approach would be to make some curved carbon fibre trumpets (about $250 AUD each :shock:). They would look a bit like these:

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Where is the old Supraforums.com *drool* emoticon when you need it. That motor is crazy. I would, no kidding, pop a tent in mah pants if I were to see anything like that in an mk2.

--BillyM (would question personal sexual prefrence for that motor)
Viva La AutoX!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi there. Thanks for your kind comments. I have been a long time lurker here but don't actually own a Mk2
Gianttomato knows his stuff, he was a key supporter in my old N/A 2JZ thread back on SF last year! I miss that old motor pic you had too. After that thread and some more talking ect, a club member in Toronto went for that option himself! I can't wait too see his car.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Check supraforums' mkiv for sale section, i do believe i saw someone selling a 2jz-ge with w58, new clutch, and some other stuff for about $500. He seemed pretty eager to sell.

Shiva

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have always secretly wanted a 2JZ GE MK2. Just a nice smooth engine with more power.

I would think it would yield 13.x times. My friends 6M 85 with cams netted very low 14s so a similar 2JZ setup should be better.

a nice brand new IS300 2JZ VVTi would be in order... possilby legal too!! wishes!!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
6M Supra's do high 15's with 190hp (claimed). The 2JZ-GE has 220hp (claimed), which is only 30hp up on the 6M. Sure that's a decent amount of extra power, but it's not going to drop your 1/4 mile time by 2 whole seconds!

Having said that, the 2JZ-GE is a great engine and would make a Mk2 into a smotth but lively machine. I say go for it - just don't expect 13's. :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I agree, you shouldn't expect to break into the 13's with a 2JZ-GE Mk2 unless you do a bit of weight reduction.

A local guy with a 6M with intake, headers, hi-flow cat, exhaust, advanced timing and AFM mod runs 15.0's in his full-weight 82. 30 extra HP should drop 0.7 sec off that time, so I'd expect to get low 14's on a 2J powered MK2 with I-H-E mods. Removing 200 lbs would drop another 0.3 sec so you might just get into the 13's.
I think the Mk2 would be a great car with that setup!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts