Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was about 4am and I was on my way home from my friends house and I spotted an 82L at one of those run down shitty car lots so I stopped to check it out because im in need of a parts car. It was wrecked in the front but aside from that it was in good condition with 286,000 on the OD and it had brand new Dunlop GT qualifier's. So I write down the phone number and as I am pulling off the lot 2 cops fly in there and come up to me and are asking why im on the lot and I told them "I saw the car on my way home so I decided to take a look and write down the #'s." Then the cop ask me to get out of my supra and he put me into his car and he was looking around in my car and came back and told me I had burgulary tools in my car. I had a tool kit in my backseat because I am in the process of tuning my 5mgte. So he ran my license and registration and told me if anything came up missing that I would be charged because I have TOOLS in my car. Talk about a bad way to start your morning.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
thats lame. I've been chased off lots for looking at supras before, but never had to sit in the cop car. Once when I was working at a bodyshop I was using the place after hours. At about 2 in the morning I wheeled the car out and a couple cops showed up and ran my plates. They got a little ansy when the plate number didn't match the vehicle description. So I told them to run it again and it came up ok :D

·
Premium Member
5,574 Posts
Your tax dollars at work.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Because you have tools in your car doesn't mean your a thief. You would win in court, they did not find anything stolen in your car

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
wallcrawlr said:
Last time I checked an 82 Supra wasnt real high on the boost list.
Especially a WRECKED '82 Supra.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i work casual part time in a gas station and ive had my share of pull over check ups when coming out of the carwash at 10 pm when the place is obviously closed.

you guys might think its just bullshit and a hassle, but if youve ever worked in a place and been held up at the end of your night, you know how comforting a feeling it is to have neighborhood cops who drive by and PAY ATTENTION to their surroundings.

one night i was leaving work and had my truck backed up to the door and i was being threatened/hassled by 5 or 6 drunken shit causers.
they were trying to get into the store, and f**king around with my truck and what not.
before i even had a chance to get to the phone i noticed cops driving by, so i flicked the store lights and they pulled in like their was a free doughnut sign.

i for one dont mind getting "hassled" when leaving a business at night...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hasseled is one thing. Threatened is another. I am all for dilligent cops too but some just have a chip on their shoulder.

In my opionion there are 2 kinds of cops. The first kind is the guy or gal that is out there because they want to help people.

The second kind are the ones that want to be cool and have a power trip.

I doubt that anyone is in it for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts