Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I used a Denso reman btw
I wonder if that is a factor. I've only used OEM camry alts that I've pulled from yard cars, and Its been several that I've installed and had the same experience with lights dimming at idle. However all were manual cars. Perhaps the regulator that gets replaced in the reman ones operates at a lower RPM. I also recall a discussion here years ago about what I've discussed here.

Reactions: Tanya

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great... Not long after my response in this thread my alternator went dead. Not many of the Camry alternators left now in my country in the scrap yards it seems. Managed to get hold of one in ok condition for around 80$.
The toyota part number that mine has is: 27060-62070 in case anyone needs to know the part number for this replacement ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
In 37 years my little blue one needed two replacement alternators. One died suddenly while I was in Italy a few years ago, the other slowly went dead last year. I got a drop in replacement with an OEM number 1002110550, if it's of any help. It even has the double belt pulley, so no modification required.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I sorted my Supra parts and found the alternator; mine has the part number 27060-43030 for what it's worth. Maybe it is the difference between the US and the EU versions? Mine also has the double belt pulley:

This is the "old" part. The voltage regulator acted up and cooked a battery so it had to go.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts