Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to transfer parts of my system from my other car to my supra. I am wondering if there is a place where I could feed the wire through the firewall without having to drill a hole. Does anyone know of one? It has to be pretty big I have a 4 guage wire to feed.

Thanks for any help,
Mitch

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
you know i used to have a big 4 gauge wire going through my firewall but sold the wire, am not really interested in a big ol sound system and i know it was ran through w/o cutting and extra hole, i forget where, maybe where the speedo cable comes through but i'm not too sure.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
There are a couple of places on the firewall that have rubber grommets where things pass through. I was able to use one of them (driver's side footwell) to run my power wire to the battery pretty easily...you just have to look for it.

If I had a picture to show you, I would...but trust me, it's there.

Good luck!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ill take a pic tomorrow, but i just ran it through where the speedo cable goes in...
its kinda ghetto, and since its not a permanent install right now, i dont feel bad.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
there is a nipple on the grommet for the speedo cable, just cut that off and you will have a nice insulated hole to pass wire through. Then just run it under the console, then under the drveshaft tunnel carpet in the rear under the rear seat and out in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I did the same thing Dave did. Used the same where the Junction Box 2 (fuse box by left foot) run into the fender well then to their respective locations. Ran the wire along the left-hand side door rail under the carpet. Would have liked to get it inside the black wire sleeve but there wasn't enough room to cram the large gauge wire.

I'm a live wire.
Scott

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Actually there is (at least in my 85) a hole that is just caped off I took out the rubber cap and inserted a rubber gromit and ran my 4 ga through that.

I'ts allmost as if toyota put it there for me! I ran the 4 ga down the driver side door sill through the plastic (tringular) wire run it was a tight fit but I made it work.

Its allmost dead center in the first pix

·
Registered
63 Posts
Running it through the drivers side, where the body wiring harness comes into the fuse box by the drivers feet works very well. Cut a small slit in the grommet and you can feed through nearly any size wire. I was able to feed in a 0 guage wire just fine. I then followed the body harness under the carpet inside the drivers side door all the way back to the hatch area.

I'm sure there are other areas as others have mentioned already. But this worked the best for me as I was trying to follow the body harness to make it look as stock as possible.

·
Registered
991 Posts
supra_toy said:
Its allmost dead center in the first pix
True but it is the LJM bar in the second pic that I like :smilecol:

Wonder why??????

But you really need to grab a rag and dust it off. Shame, Shame.

Leslie :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
wires

i ran a 1gage wire through my wall right behind ur petals there is a rubber cap...pop it out and ur good 2 go...

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ill agree with the other posters, i just ran a 4GA except i went from the battery out the lil hole in the drivers fender, pulled off the inner wheel well liner, ran it through the grommet into the drivers kick panel, then inside the factory conduit, there IS enough room to get 4GA in there, you just have to peel the conduit up and away from the floor, tuck the wire in, then fold it back down.

then through the rear fender under the armrests, and thats it. clean install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts