Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to make sure it's not possible before I start getting any nasty ideas.

if it IS impossible, as I assume, I have an '84 p-type digital dash for sale.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
It's probably possible, but why do it??? You lose your Voltmeter guage, & your Oil Presure guage. Oil Pressure Guage Sending unit is not compatible w/ the Oil Pressure "idiot light" & it needs to be swapped out. Wiring is not plug & play, many connectors need to be changed.

Other peeps have had problems w/ the digital Fuel & Temp guages when they crap out.

IMO, keep the analog, it's more informative. Many who currently have the digital cluster WISH they could ditch it & switch to the analog.

Your dash that is for sale. With or W/O Trip Computer & control panel??? Might be a nice upgrade for someone looking to ditch their 85 mph digital cluster.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is and what is not for sale is still up for debate. right now, i'm tearing the car apart inside and out, putting aside anything, ANYTHING that is good and keeping it to sell or clean up and put in the '82. Right now, the only things we KNOW we're keeping are the diff (4.30 LSD), the seats, the flares, and the wheels/tires.

I'll be making a full post when I'm ready to start throwing stuff out to people.

·
Registered
153 Posts
No, don't do it!

It can be done, it's a big headache, but as the venerable Mr Eng said, why would you want to?

All Australian delivered mk2's have them and its really just a gimmick. The only really useful part of it is the speed. The tacho, fuel and temp guages are just hopeless. I'd change to analogue if I could, and I investigated it at one point, but even that is too much effort, not enough gain.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was thinking of putting together my own cluster... just some universal round guages indiglo style, and mount em in some black vinal covered plastic. though it may be fun to do and would look smart with my blue interior

1 - 5 of 5 Posts