Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup, like the title says. i bought the car for 600. this is what has been done so far:
motor mounts
1uz auto bellhousing adapter plate to mk3 w58
mk3 w58 with auto trans x member
new stock fuel pump
attempting wire tuck

Looking at getting:
2 holset h1's
megasquirt/edis
driveshaft
clutch
flywheel
hydraulic throwout bearing "howe"
rear 5 lug swap

the shifter location is dead nut inside the auto shifter hole. i can get in every gear without problems!also just test fitting some old school slotted rims i had for a z i bought.fronts are 14x9 shelby, rears are 15x10, not sure of make. now for some pics...

you like how clean the engine bay and trans are now??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude those mounts look nice! Got some close up shots of them. Swpa loos damn good so far! What numbers you shooting for?
thank you, i'll post close ups tomorrow. im looking for around 450, but i am just pulling that number out of thin air.and would you happen to have gone to the supra dyno shootout at proven power about a month ago? my friend said that there was a black mk2 wth a 2j swap there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a toyota truck flexplate, i forget what year off the top of my head, that just needs redrilled. as for the clutch, i think anything bu spec :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
thank you, i'll post close ups tomorrow. im looking for around 450, but i am just pulling that number out of thin air.and would you happen to have gone to the supra dyno shootout at proven power about a month ago? my friend said that there was a black mk2 wth a 2j swap there.
Yeah that was me. Someone at the meet told me about a local guy doing a 1uz swap. Would've been nice to see another mk2 there. Were gonna have to meet up so I can ee that beast in person! And that meet was fucking lame, I left way before it was over.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
motor mounts

heres a few pics of the mounts.

yea, it's gonna be a few months before its actually running, but you can come over to my house to see it/hang out.
And! update!!! just bought the first turbo, waiting for the second one. :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Dude those mounts are fucking badass! Are they cnc'd from a billet piece? Yeah we live about 20 mins from each other. I live in the Town n country area, just past oldsmar. Is the MR2 in your pic the one that was at the supra meet? I work as a welder so if you need something welded and can give me a day to do it, just ask, I ask a fair price.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
well, i actually just made them on the bridgeport. but each piece is billet. i hope they wont give with all the power from the engine. making engine mounts is all new to me. and im sure i'll need some welding done, thank you for the offer!

yes, the white mr2 was there. so was my roomates white mk3 with the 1uz, and my friend with the red sc400 on coilovers and ssr rims. they said they were talking to you at the meet and thats how i heard you were there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the flywhel yes, but i think you need a different clutch. i dont think the clutch will hold the power of the 1uz. i will ask my friend about it and i'll get back to you.

·
Registered
456 Posts
the flywhel yes, but i think you need a different clutch. i dont think the clutch will hold the power of the 1uz. i will ask my friend about it and i'll get back to you.
ive never seen a truck flywheel with the correct pattern?
last i saw you needed to re-drill?
Also, why use the truck flex plate and have to re-drill it if you could just use the 1uz flex plate?
My plan was to go with uza70.com setup...
i just got a little too paranoid reading up on exploding flywheels!

you are running the auto trans crossmember right? (think i read that)
you have any good shots between the firewall and back of the engine?
for some darn reasion mine sits very far forward, i just thought it was a mk2 thing....

btw
if you or your frends have an extra shifter for the NA mkIII w58 im still looking for one!:naughty:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hm, i'll dig through my pics sometime today and see if i can grab one that you want. i always get confused about flexplate/flywheel and which is used on a manual/auto. but yes, the truck plate/wheel is redrilled for the 1uz.
yes, the mk3 w58 and auto crossmember are what im using.
and as for the shifter, i will probably just make a custom short shifter. so if i do i'll sell you mine. but i'll check around first to see if anyone here has one.
And one more thing, do you have a pic of the shifter housing location in your car?was it originally an auto?im curious to see where your shifter ends up.

·
Miserable
702 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
nice, you can still get a short shifter form George (Raptor racing) http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=47154

looks good, I like to a see LS400 in a supra or any toyota car vs an chev 350 :thumbsup:
the $300 buy in killed it for me...
i love george *in a non **** sort of way* but that extra $250 would go a long way to getting the car on the road.

dont get me wrong... i will have one, one day... but i just cant justify it now..
so if i do i'll sell you mine. but i'll check around first to see if anyone here has one.
And one more thing, do you have a pic of the shifter housing location in your car?was it originally an auto?im curious to see where your shifter ends up.
cool, thank you!
yeah ill get a pic of it tonight.
Just yesterday i dropped the housing in place. It looks to me like the center of the shifter sits right on the rear 1/3 line of the shifter opening.
im going to see if i can get my hands on a ly30/lx80 housing to see if thats a little closer.
my supra was manual from the factory.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why are you using the mk3 w58?it looks kinda like the mk2 trans would center in the hole better.in the auto cars the hole is a little further towards the rear of the car, so im my application with my mount the mk3 yw58 lines up like a charm. it looks like the picture of the firewall will have to wait till i put the engine back in. i can't seem to find any.

2 small updates:
first turbo arrived today, second one tomorrow. :)

a little more about the flywheel. go to advance/ discount auto parts and ask for a 1990 toyota truck v6 flywheel. it will need redrilled, and i think partially turned. but its an alternative to an expensive aluminum one. my friend has the truck flywheel in his 5 speed swap into his sc400 and it weighs less than my other friend with a mk3 1uz swap.

·
Registered
456 Posts

mk 2 would be way too far forward (notice how its inline with the center bolts)
im going to try to get my hands on the ly30/lx80 housing and see if its closer but i suspect it will be too clost to the front of the opening.

Once i have my hands on the front drive shaft section i can see what can be done about shimming the engine and trans forward a bit more (if i swap the mounts side to side it will push it forward about an inch)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow, i guess i didnt notice how much they were different. well, if all else fails, custom shifter would set the problem straight.

·
Registered
456 Posts
wow, i guess i didnt notice how much they were different. well, if all else fails, custom shifter would set the problem straight.
man, little tough there,
in order to swap your shifter housing you have to cange out the shifter yoke as well

youd have to be very carful about how you go about that...
Seems to me the most easy way to go about it is find something thats close and modify your engine/trans mounts till it gets where you want it. Then if you cannot find a front axle segment that will make it all work, its a good excuse to go get your self a custom 1piece driveshaft.:naughty:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts