Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im doing a 2jzge swap due to the fact that i blew my motor drifting....lol... anyways im trying to do this as cheap as possible because im going to college in August at SDSU (if anyone cares), this means that i need to get it done as soon as possible and on a budget so i can save for college also. Im a senior in highschool and i work a photography job, so all the money i make goes straight to my car :laugh: im not SUPER knowledgable on cars, i took auto tech last semester and ive loved cars all my life... i think thats enough knowledge to do this right? :zzzzz:
i blew my motor back in November and its been down since, from then i bought these things:

-2jzge motor from an sc300
-ebay flywheel (xtd)
-converted my motor to a front sump
-mkiii aluminum radiator (because mines super rusted out!)
-new clutch bolts
-clutch fork+throw out bearing
-harness

What i need:

-bellhousing+pivot ball+pilot bearing+all the bolts
-mounts
-ecu
-PS reservoir
-SS clutch line+slave cylinder (just cause)
-fuel pump
-maf

Im not sure what else i need, i feel like i covered all of it but if there is more let me know!
Ill try and get some pics posted on here asap! my phone isnt sending the pics to my email so whatever
If you really wanna see more pics of my car and the swap follow me on instagram @bruhkkake, i dont go on the computer much thats why but ill try and keep this thread updated:bannanahu

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i am doing the same swap right now. i have a few extra ecu's including one from a 94 SC300 (auto). i am planning on running GS300 electronics on mine. i am going to hold onto everything until i get the car to run good. then i would probably be willing to sell the SC300 computer. i might have a matching wiring harness for it too (gotta check) Shouldent be long. im about half way done.

Excessive Manufacturing makes a cheap pair of 2jz engine mounts.

might want to add a complete custom exhaust to your list.

good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am doing the same swap right now. i have a few extra ecu's including one from a 94 SC300 (auto). i am planning on running GS300 electronics on mine. i am going to hold onto everything until i get the car to run good. then i would probably be willing to sell the SC300 computer. i might have a matching wiring harness for it too (gotta check) Shouldent be long. im about half way done.

Excessive Manufacturing makes a cheap pair of 2jz engine mounts.

might want to add a complete custom exhaust to your list.

good luck!
dang when you mean half way done, as in gathering all the parts to drop it in, or you already started swapping? thats sick man! ill probably end up going to the junkyard and swooping an ecu, maf and PS reservoir
yeah i want to get the excessive ones since theyre cheaper but driftmotion is like an hour or so drive so ill probably end up gettting those, along with the fuel pump and misc bolts there.
do i really need a custom exhaust? cause i already have custom piping with a magnaflow muffler on, i think i just need to make a pipe with flanges on it to bolt the header to the exhaust?
thanks man! how is your swap going btw? the parts listed is all i need?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres my motor, picked up for $500

and my radiator and flywheel! If anyone lives in Southern Cali, hit up Slide Garage in Santa Ana theyre cool dudes!

·
Registered
252 Posts
i'm doing the same swap as soon as i can locate a bell housing, clutch fork, bearing and ecu for a manual trans for a reasonable price. however i have an entire 93 gs300 as a donor that i picked up for less than $500. it was a roll-over with 104,000 mi. i'm also thinking about doing a dash-cluster swap using the parts from the lex.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm doing the same swap as soon as i can locate a bell housing, clutch fork, bearing and ecu for a manual trans for a reasonable price. however i have an entire 93 gs300 as a donor that i picked up for less than $500. it was a roll-over with 104,000 mi. i'm also thinking about doing a dash-cluster swap using the parts from the lex.
heck yeah nice! You can find all those some what easily, except the bellhousing lol unless you go on driftmotion.com.. but $400 for a bellhousing seems too much.. haha
man thats a steal wish i had that oppurtunity lol
so if you did the dash swap, you just gonna put custom gauges and lexus gauges or what?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
already have the engine and transmission in the car. exhaust is built all the way to the rear axle. should be finishing the exhaust this weekend. still need to adapt the Pwr steering and AC lines and do All of the wiring.

if you already have aftermarket exhaust you could probably just mate it up with a custom downpipe. i am replacing the whole thing on my Wagon. :hail: JZ

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'm also doing the same swap this spring (still winter here for another few hours, grrr... lol) Mine is out of a 94 Supra... I got most of the stuff I need, the rest is trial and error for now... just need to figure out harness to hook up to the MK2, figure out exhaust as I'm keeping the RR 2.5" system, and need to get the JZ to M motor mounts.

Already have the bellhousing adaptor to keep the W58, and the front sump bits to convert.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm also doing the same swap this spring (still winter here for another few hours, grrr... lol) Mine is out of a 94 Supra... I got most of the stuff I need, the rest is trial and error for now... just need to figure out harness to hook up to the MK2, figure out exhaust as I'm keeping the RR 2.5" system, and need to get the JZ to M motor mounts.

Already have the bellhousing adaptor to keep the W58, and the front sump bits to convert.

dang thats a clean motor! howd you find a supra to get the motor out of?? lol yeah its all trial and error, like i feel like when i have all the parts theres gonna be something random that ill need that i never thought of:laugh: did you get the bellhousing off of driftmotion?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Z car rims on the front?

I didn't know they'd fit, or did you do a brake conversion?

Jim
yeah man they fit perfectly! i bought em off a friend cause they were just sitting at his house and i had to sell my other rims to get coilovers so i had to throw these on! ahahha the rear fits perfectly also, and i have stock brake setup lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you guys need help with info on the swap hmu, I have a 93 sc300 2jz in my car running on a federal spec 5 speed 94 supra ecu, I have a spare 93 sc300 a/t ecu that's cali spec and a spare maf sensor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you guys need help with info on the swap hmu, I have a 93 sc300 2jz in my car running on a federal spec 5 speed 94 supra ecu, I have a spare 93 sc300 a/t ecu that's cali spec and a spare maf sensor.
yo can i get your number? if i ever need help is it cool if i hit you up? because i dont know anyone with the swap. i would appreciate it alot man! do i need any other parts for the list or is that it? and i just swooped up a ecu and maf from a non vvti gs300

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
updatessssss$

so i havent been on here in a while due to the fact that my car is about 60 miles away from me while im in college, but whatever. im going to try and work on it in a couple of days as i will have time and because i think im finally capable of finishing my wiring harness (it all came together somehow in my head, hopefully...)!
my car is practically finished and beyond hacked/retarded... i worked on my car here and there over the past year or two, usually being fed up with the wiring harness and moving onto doing "practical" mods to my car... :naughty:
heres some pics of what ive done (;

heres the 2jzge, quite lovely if u ask me. The fan shroud is about a quarter inch away from the radiator, my ignition coil is ziptied somewhere, the ignitor is drilled in somewhere too..there is also no A/C or PS. i love how small the serpentine belt is, it makes my insides tingle.
For ac and ps, all i did was cut out all the hoses and extras related to the AC leaving only those two little holes on the firewall open, then i cut off the old PS lines leaving the two main hardlines sticking out, which then i used a hose and clamps to connect both of them together. I must say though, it is very easy to turn the wheel, literally feels like a manual rack on an old vw bug maybe not as light tho ahaha.
The egr is also ripped out along with every vacuum line on the car, except a few. I re-installed the IAC butterfly valve using a vacuum nipple somewhere on the manifold (pretty sure this should work?)
oh yeah and peep the radiator catch can :)
All that i have left to do motor wise is:
- valve cover gasket
-install knock sensor #2
- re configure wiring
-plug up a couple nipples
-and maybe spark plugs...lol

This is when my interior still had sound deadening and the front half of the interior, so cozy and nice isnt it?
#authenticmomoftw

and this is when i ripped out all the carpet with the trim and realized how ugly everything was ahhahaha stupid

i totally forgot to take pics of the metal in the rear but it doesnt look to bad. Here's sorta what the front looks like now without sound deadening, the middle console, and glove box. I plan on improvising something here but im not worried about that yet, i have an amp, sub, and speakers i have to re-install first but #racecar

as u can see on the right, that is my wiring mess, its not TOO bad but what bugs me the most is all the loose wires that are not related to the ecu plugs at all.. not sure if i ripped those out something might go faulty... so ill just leave em there for now.......... :haiiamzank:

my main concern is the 5m 24pin to 2jz 40pin (which seems easy) and the 80pin body plug to the motor harness (which needs some adjustments, especially for the tps), all i want is the basic stuff to get the car running and drivable good so ill leave it at that ahhah WITH a working heater

Now on to the exterior.
My passenger side was my first attempt at trying to make a flare, but i lost hope with it ahha
all it is, is cut up cardboard taped up as a mock up for a flare.

so i moved onto the driver side with more hope... and rivets. I got some cheap aluminum sheet metal from Home Depot and cut n' shaped it up. this had potential cuz it layed out a nice skeleton i guess for some other materials to use but then changed ideas and decided to just buy some WIDE zg flares (rears only) in the future, yes the 3.75in ones. i measured out how far my wheels stick out from the fender and it is also 3.75in almost exact! so weird how that happened but im stoked!
i also started to shy away from those huge fenders as they tend to look weird too me now, i dig those tiny fenders that barely cover tire tread if u know wut i mean :kekekegay

this Celsior is a perfect example of what i mean

heres a better angle of my custom drift wing duck bill rusty pos ahaha i love it, sooo rusty too (looks slightly different now as the rusty squares are cut up and not as dangerous). and yes that is real carbon fiber :woot:

all i want is massive camber and a not so massive rear bumper

here is what my car will look like before it gets a waaay better look.
gonna have to do something with its not so low height and cut maybe a coil or so off in the rear and then cut or roll my fenders out of the way before i get those zg flares on.
for the front fitment.... its nothing special but there will be some big changes soon :iocrunks2:

im hoping i can get my car wired up and running within a week or two but we'll see. ill post an update soon

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay im back again wit da updates

first things first, since i needed to install knock sensor #2 i had to change out the spark plugs and put a new valve cover gasket on so thats that. i also painted the valve cover and extra peices very poorly...but i like it.. hahaha

OH AND BTW i know no body cares but the knock sensor socket size for the 2jzge is a deep 26mm, i used a 27mm socket because there were no 26mm ones but there is a little wiggle room with the 27mm but it did not strip the sensor at all

i also took out the wiring harness (made by Suspicious Garage) and labeled every sensor on it so i can check and make sure they are all in the right spot, and also to wire in the tps

this is a very well made body harness adapter thing

b4 the teardown

insides not to shabby eh, 170k miles aint nothin for that jz powah
this pic does help me realize on how ugly my engine bay is with all those extra 5mge shits everywhere...not sure which things to pull off though aha oh well...

closer look, not sure how all spark plugs have oil on them except one... i mean my valve cover gasket was leaking! not only that but its rusty ehh who cares

almost forgot i had put my bumper back on a while ago lol

i love how ugly this fitment is, yessssssss. 50% of tire on the ground it looks like :zzzzz:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts