Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Racing Hart C2 multi-piece has officially been discontined. Just got word through the US importer Dazz Motorsports that the Racing Hart C2 has been discontinued.

Those of you who held off, sorry about the news. The C4 is available in the correct offset (in 18s though).

Those of you in Japan that have your connections, you might be able to help your fellow mk2 owners in the US.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
:twisted: Dude, Are these the 18" wheels that you are talking about. The C4s I mean, If so what size tires are you running or what size will fit. Just got back from Iraq and Im going to buy these.

Thanks

Robert Maynor

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robert:

The wheels in the pic are C2's.. the ones that are discontinued.

If you're going to run 18" C4s

my suggestion is 245/35R18 front and 255/35R18 rear. Width should be 18x8 +10mm front and 18x9 0mm rear. Good luck getting them.

Regards,
James R

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
hey James

how big is the lip on your rims :?:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SupraFiend said:
(adds another big wheel to my "big wheels with less lip then my ssrs" list) :lol:
Now that's funny. :lol: Wonder if Malloy is reading this.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Yea, you need to find 2 more of them! Great looking wheel, even if it is the same size as a stock Neon hubbie ;)

SupraFiend said:
(adds another big wheel to my "big wheels with less lip then my ssrs" list) :lol:

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
(adds another big wheel to my "big wheels with less lip then my ssrs" list)
Wait till I get my 18s built I have the parts for in the garage.

Too bad your 15s won't fit BBKs. You might though want to check out the the brake swap I'm trying to do.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Well I think the bar has been set at just over 4" of lip. Depending on barrel style (smooth vs. stepped) and center (flat or protruding out) you will have a different visual impact. :) Also, the brilliance of the lip finish and center finish also matters..

If I had a custom ARE wagon wheel with 5" lip, it would get no props cause it has a POS center. Its all about the happy medium :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait a min. Seamus .. you only have 2 wheels with massive lippage and not the whole set? I'd say that technically means your effective lippage factor gets halved. :wink:

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Wait a min. Seamus .. you only have 2 wheels with massive lippage and not the whole set? I'd say that technically means your effective lippage factor gets halved.
Seamus only has half a lip? With that kind of handicap, how does he keep his post count so high?
Too funny.

·
Registered
15,062 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Malloy said:
Yea, you need to find 2 more of them! Great looking wheel, even if it is the same size as a stock Neon hubbie ;)

SupraFiend said:
Well you know what they say, its not the length, its the girth :mrgreen:

And I do have wheels to match, they're just not SSRs. After machining (these wheels were rashed and bent, about 3mms removed from the lips) my SSRs still have a good 3.75 inchs of lip left. I'm getting new lips for my front rims to bring them flush with the flares but I don't like the look with the lip extending beyond the flare so they will never compare with the rear.

And if you boys want lippage, you should see the drag slicks and rims that came with my new shop. Haven't measured them yet but its least 6 inchs I'd guess :D But like Mikey said, theres no respect for AREs and slot mags and such. However my SSRs, thats pure old school cool, no bling bling rich boy dubs for me :bling: :burn: :fawk:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SupraFiend said:
Malloy said:

SupraFiend said:
Well you know what they say, its not the length, its the girth :mrgreen:

And I do have wheels to match, they're just not SSRs. After machining (these wheels were rashed and bent, about 3mms removed from the lips) my SSRs still have a good 3.75 inchs of lip left. I'm getting new lips for my front rims to bring them flush with the flares but I don't like the look with the lip extending beyond the flare so they will never compare with the rear.

And if you boys want lippage, you should see the drag slicks and rims that came with my new shop. Haven't measured them yet but its least 6 inchs I'd guess :D But like Mikey said, theres no respect for AREs and slot mags and such. However my SSRs, thats pure old school cool, no bling bling rich boy dubs for me :bling: :burn: :fawk:
Sounds like someone making excuses for not having the right "equipment" :lol:

BTW: Dubs are 20" wheels. None of us have 20" wheels.

6" lips are nothing. We just sent a wheel with 8" lips on a factory vehicle. Another friend has 11" lip on his drag car = 15x15 wheel But back to the subject of mk2 wheels. You had to bring up slotted mags... wow. Talk about old school Pinto wheels.

Right back at ya! :fawk: :twisted: :lol:

Regards,
James - Keepin it reeaaayaaalll

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
+3 wheel upgrades over stock are dubs in my book :splat:

But the stock mk2 wheels are 1 size too small, so +3ing it is less of a sin then with other cars, its still overkill though :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts