Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought me a new T-Maxx 2.5 truck, i was just wondering if any of you are into rc cars or trucks, man i have been searching for a MKII body for the truck but i can't find nothing, that sux i wouldnt mind having a mkii body on this truck,

this is with no body, i wish i had a mkii body on top lol :humpleg:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ive seen an mkII body in 1/10th scale, i was looking at getting it, but it was something like 65$, so i said funk it, especially seeing as i dont use my rc cars any more.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dogstar said:
ive seen an mkII body in 1/10th scale, i was looking at getting it, but it was something like 65$, so i said funk it, especially seeing as i dont use my rc cars any more.
Do you remeber where you saw that, the website, i wouldnt mind paying that much

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yes I had saw it also (MKII Body) about a year ago. But it was expensive. I did a search on MSN and came across it after about and hour.

Anyway I was really into them for a while, but about 8 years ago I got my license and havent driven it much since then. I had dumped around $1500 into my RC10T and it was a decent truck.

It now sits in a chest in my room waiting for me to convert it to gas and drop a supra body onto it for the meets. I think it would be fun to bring it in the future and toy around with it.

have fun with your new truck.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Why did u get a TMaxx over a Savage? I was under the impression that the Savage was better, esp now that you can get it in kit form.

Im curious to hear your thoughts...as I was looking to get a Nitro truck in the near future ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Malloy said:
Why did u get a TMaxx over a Savage? I was under the impression that the Savage was better, esp now that you can get it in kit form.

Im curious to hear your thoughts...as I was looking to get a Nitro truck in the near future ;)
Well the reason i got a T-Maxx is cuz it has a 2.5 engine unlike the hpi savage has the 2.1 engine. Also the T-Maxx has reverse which is a cool feature unlike the savage however you can get the reverse for extra money, the savage is a pull start while the T-Maxx is a ez start feature which is more convinient for me. Newer Savages offer the 2.5 engine the roto start system, Hey don't get me wrong the hpi savage is a good nitro truck, it has good everything. but i prefer the T-Maxx its smaller than the savage and less weight and the T-Maxx out performs the savage 21. Its pretty much ur taste in products, the traxxas corp is here in texas so if i order stuff for it, i will get it in about 2 or 3 days with standard ups.

http://hobbytron.com/ They sell the hpi racing,traxxas,ofna,megatech rc nitro trucks and cars, they pretty cheap compared to my local dealer who i would of spent like 750 dollars for everthing i need it, with them i only spent 486 with shipping it was the T-Maxx 25, 3 quarts of top fuel 20%,16 AA batteries, one 7.2V 6 cell battery pack nicad 1500mah,one quick charger for the 7.2v,and 2 performance glow plugs

·
Registered
634 Posts
I always ordered through Tower Hobbies. Had great prices and good customer service. nice full color booklets etc.

I believe its towerhobbies.com

In case you wanted another choice.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no problem, tell me what truck are you ganna get.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I was at Hobby Town USA the other day...they had an RC-10 Nitro street car - a MkII body would look SWEET on that.

Suspension was pretty cool too (I think Lotus designed it) :wink:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well finally got my T maxx 2.5 today, but i couldnt run it, would idle for more than 3 seconds and then stall, i went ahead and pulled the glow plug out and crank the motor to remove the excess fuel,upside down the truck was, and to my suprise as i was doing this a whole buch of fuel came out of the exhuast, and i was like :wtf: so i went ahead and took all the fuel out of the exhuast and gas tank, and im ganna call traxxas tomorrow for help on getting this thing started so i can brake it in, then bash with it

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
I jsut ordered the new HPI NitroMT Racer kit. After a buncha goodies, Im lookin at $730 invested. WTF am I thinking? LOL This thing better be as fun as it looks ;)

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Did electric cars in the mid-80's and gas planes a few years back.Both times,figuring a good way to get my adrenaline fix,and something to tinker on,keep occupied.Was trying to give up my Demo-Derby habit.Derby cars won out,were cheaper and a much bigger fun factor :lol:
Then I found boost-have since given away all my R/C stuff,all my Derby stuff,and filled the garage with Supra/Corolla stuff :roll: "and the occasional Dodge part"

Watch out for that R/C stuff.It depreciates almost as fast as your Desktop. :p

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
well, i still have my old rc10 team car with the alumium chasis. it needs a new electronic speed control. the one that was on it wore out. all i need besides that is a new pack and charger, my sister plugged mine in and the switch would stick at 15mi nso i always put it at 14. needless to say it melted the pack and messed up the charger. lol. if anyone has a esc for cheap lmk.
william

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Yea, the depreciation factor was kinda stopping me from getting it, as I bet I will get tired of it quick. We shall see, I cant justify a real 'race car' so this will have to do for now hahha. Building/breaking/rebuilding them is fun tho.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Way back had a "Wild One",medium grade for it's day.Had fabbed up a trailer hitch to tow an r/c sailboat.Well,model rockets engines,I believe they were C's,fit into that bracket.A few inches of dynamyte cord and full throttle on the car was rather interesting 8)

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
LMAO! too bad you dont have that on video. id like to have seen it.
william

·
Registered
663 Posts
I miss those RC cars from way back. So I have just taken out from my basement, these 1/10th scale 15+ year old RC's. And havin fun fixin em. One's called the Big Brute. And the other a 4wd SuperSabreII. Old memories. 7.2 Volts I think.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts