Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend works for a dealership in Georgetown, KY and found new stock Supra springs for $89 each, through a Toyota parts CD.

I'm seriously thinking about getting them because I don't want to change the ride height on my car.

How long will the new stock springs keep shape versus how long until they sag like the current ones? I'm not sure if these are actually an aftermarket stock replacement - maybe soneone else can clue us in on if these would be the same as or better than original?

·
Registered
733 Posts
DANA supposedly made replacement springs. I heard that NAPA can get them, should be about half that price. I don't know the facts, just been reading the forums for a while.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Springs wear out...

I've replaced shocks on my Z and on my Supra and they still squatted.

You can only adjust camber so much, then you have to replace the major components to try to get your adjustability and good ride back...[/img]

·
Registered
151 Posts
deaf_rattle said:
i didnt think springs wore out, i thought it was just shocks that did? :?
Usually it takes a whille but over time all hardened steels under stress will "normalize" or lose their hardness. In the case of springs it will keep the spring from returning to its full length. Additionally the spring will lose its' ability to 'spring' and just be mushy. Stock Toyota springs are good quality and will last long years. Mine were good for around 15 years, but squat now. I'm going with a lowered eibach but will buy stock if I don't like the look. Lots of forum members will also attest to the stock springs. I would (from a quality standpoint) only look at Eibach or H&R springs as a replacement. Tein is a good name as well, but with all these, application and mod problems/issues occur.
TEMPEST

·
Registered
306 Posts
sloopercat said:
DANA supposedly made replacement springs. I heard that NAPA can get them, should be about half that price. I don't know the facts, just been reading the forums for a while.
Got them through fed-mu at Canadian Tire. Napa can to the same, cept it is actually cheaper through CT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts