Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked out a 67 CJ5 about a month ago, thing is in mint original condition with 55K, pto winch, original snow plow (never mounted or used) runs and drives perfectly. I looked at it listed at 7K, guy might need to mortgage his home to pay bills,,,,offered this thing to me for pennies. worth picking up, he needs money before noon tomorrow !!

Not much of a HEEP fan, but these vintage ones have always interested me.

I might buy the thing, immediately list it on "KBay" and offer him more when it sells, that would keep the Kar Karma in good standing.

what are they worth in mint one owner condition/no rust 3 sp v6 ?? searching now !

·
Registered
472 Posts
v6's arent worth as much as the 8's. more power is what more people want. so any with a 6 usually get swapped out anyway. its getting hard to find pre-1970 jeeps. ww2, korea, and nam took out a good deal of em.

my mom has a 78 cj5 that needs the trans swapped out. wrong one is in there. has a bikini top. rust. needs seats. and im sure quite a bit of other nitpicky stuff. i think we got it for like 3k.

we sold a 79 cj7 to a friend of the family. it had a v8 in it. looked like hell when we got it so we practically gave it to him. he did a little work. changed out the distributor gear and some other stuff. bought a top for it. he drives it around all the time. but he knows if he ever decides to sell it to let me know so it stays within our circle.

any jeep you get will be worth money. it just depends on condition and configuration like with anything else. but theyre good vehicles. you can get parts for em from a bunch of different places so you wont have to worry about that like you do with supras...

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you do pick it up... Mount a turret gun in the back and you'll have the ultimate urban assault vehicle once 2012 rolls around. :thumbsup:

But in all seriousness, they are really dope rides. A great piece of classic American history too. You don't have to set any land-speed records in them to have a fun time either!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crap........thought you all would say that !! thing is minty original. I will post pics of the drive home in the rig. 2K, can't pass it up.

Snow plow will be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts