Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Celica Supra was sold to a buyer in New York state back in 2003-2005. The car spent much of its life in Iowa. It was silver with grey cloth, sunroof, 5-speed manual. I recently purchased a set of three Carfax reports to look into the whereabouts of a couple other past cars I have had. I used my third Carfax to look up this Supra. Apparently it was still in the Highland/Troy, New York area up until it was branded "junk" in the Summer of 2016. It seems as if at that point, the car was in an accident when it was then issued a junk/title certificate.

Perhaps the car is still out there and the owner choose to hang on to it. Or, perhaps the car was taken to a salvage yard. This I do not know as Carfax has no entries beyond 7-2016 when the car was branded with a junk title.

The VIN is: JT2MA67L9F0140583

I am very curious as to its current location if either still privately owned, or whether or not its been crushed. If still out there, I may even consider buying it back.

Any possible ways to find out for sure whether the car is still in someone's hands, or if its sitting at a salvage yard, or even been crushed?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
With the VIN in hand,your search is over.
That information is the holy grail of searches.

·
Founding Member
6,228 Posts
According to the registry, it was reported as "scrapped or parted out". Unfortunately the report appears to be anonymous but the nature of the report leads me to believe that some member on here owned it at the point it was scrapped and self reported.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts