Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one off eBay and it won't fit around the strut braces.

I emailed the store owner pictures of how it won't fit, but he insists that there must be a way I can fit it - whether it's by using longer links (which would actually make the bar ride on the underbody of my car and probably clunk like crazy) or by bending the bar to fit.

The guy keeps stalling me, while stating that he should probably give my money back - for the last 2-3 months.

I sent him a final email telling him that I would post about him on eBay forums and use other more local means, but he called me with these suggestions again, today, and said he's leaving the 'ball in my court'.

Any recommendations are appreciated, whether you know how these are installed or you have advice on how I should treat this turkey, now.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
2-3 months :shock: I had a problem with an ebay seller and after 1 1/2 months I reported him to Ebay. It solved things quickly. I would recommend you report him if he wont refund your money.

-Wil

·
Registered
211 Posts
DudeZXT said:
I got one....and it won't fit around the strut braces.
I think you answered your own question here.

Next time post/ask here before you purchase.

Thats what we are here for.

At least we've learned from your mistake.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Im not sure what you mean by it wont fit around the strut braces, but I do know that most of the front suspension has to come out to install a swaybar on the mk2. Also the holes in the strut rod plates have to be enlarged where the bar goes through and usually the mounting brackets have to be ground some to fit properly. There is a super awesome article on the celicasupra.com site about installing swaybars with pictures, I suggest that you take a look at that and give it another try.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Get your cash back dude...did you pay via paypal, try to get them involved..not sure if they can help after 30 days but it's worth a try.

If you got to bend it; twist it and mangle the crap out of it, it obviously wasn't made for the mk2. My definition of something being made for a car is a part that the buyer doesn't have to modify in order for it to fit...just makes sense...i guess the only exception to this rule would be pacesetter headers :D

Good Luck,

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts