Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothin fancy and not real picky bout which model. Basically i'm lookin for somethin awd for the winter. let me know. i'd settle for an old beater scubi to. nothin fancy really, the supra goes to sleep for the winter soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i saw an 89 all trac on cl not to long ago around me but im having trouble trying to locating it now.. it was in the philly area

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
There are two on the Milwaukee CL for about $4,000 - I think both need some work.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
theres a fwd talon up here for 800, no rust, 5 speed

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would never touch a dsm product, as for the turbo i'm not concerned with the performance as much as the awd feature. I have to limit my search to toyotas or subes i stick to what i know and after workin in the shop for so long they are the only 2 awd's i may be able to get cheap and still work on

chris here ya go
* 1988-1991 Camry, DX and LE trim, 4cyl 1998 cc 3S-FE
* 1988-1992 Corolla, std trim, 4cyl 1587 cc 4A-FE
* 1990-2000 Previa, DX, LE, LE supercharged trim, 4cyl 2438 cc 2TZ
* 1988-1993 Toyota Celica All Trac Turbo 1988-1989 for ST165 chassis, 1990-1993 for ST185 chassis. 4cyl turbo 1998 cc 3S-GTE

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
winter beater

I just washed and put my '82 to sleep today, snow predicted tonight.

I was gonna get a Subaru AWD for the winter, until I learned about head gaskets blowin' after 200K km. I ended up buying a Toyota 'turtle' winter beater (Tercel, kinda ashamed to say), but hell, it beats rustin' out my real Toy!

Gas milage is good and it's got a great heater, probably sell it in the spring and look again for next winter...for a grand it serves the purpose (actually impressed by the suspension - but it's got no balls, lol, :crossjerk)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Right on, sounds like you got the right idea... good luck on that!

I don't have a garage anymore, so I needed something I could fix in the parking lot to prep her for the winter. Just a little rust grinding, fibreglass, spot putty, sandpaper, primer & paint, jig-a-boo and an oil change - I'm good to go!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
no problem russ, ask his address and ill go n look it for you, halethorpe is like 5 min away from me.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Funny you should ask, but there is one for sale that is temporarily across the street at a neighbor's house. I've driven it a couple of times, and it pulls really nicely. Here's the story:

The owner works with my neighbor at World Toyota in Lithia Springs, Ga. He relocated to Michigan to be with gf a month ago and left his two cars. I remember when he had purchased the car as a project. Might have paid as much as 2 or 3 grand, prolly closer to 3. Paint is good, if a bit faded, with all original badging. Turbo alltrac. Red. Kid had messed with wiring some. Guy put in newer harness, newer seals and turbo, went over everything quite well, and got sweet prices on OEM Toyota parts, obviously. AC is cold, too.

There is a sign in the back seat wanting 4k, but I'm vaguely aware that he would take 3. He will return for his new Camry and this car from Michigan in a few weeks.

It's not cheap but probably worth it to a fan of the car, but not to our crowd. They are really rare, I guess. When turbo kicks in it pulls hard with the little 4 banger it has, but I have only driven down the street--it's not mine and I'm not buying. His buddy the carsitter works at the Nissan dealer now, but has asked me if I'd post it up here. Might be reason for me to snap a pic or two.

Bottom line: it's not a beater that you are looking for, but someone else might have interest. More likely on the Michigan end.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i hate winter time, every car i call about was sold 5 min ago. if i'm home laid up after surgery just lookin at classifieds and callin as soon as they pop up how's that happen?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts