Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im hoping to find someone with a somewhat similar setup. I have some questions I would like to ask for someone who actually has experience running N52 MS with the Edis setup / VR sensor.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

I took the VR sensor off to cut the little rod off because it was interfering with fan shroud. I did not realize the importance of the positioning until I took it off. I thought it was just a hole. The bracket which has room for adjustment was not marked either.
So now i need to make sure it is lined up on the right tooth so my timing isn't wacky. How do I do that? I read the megamanual but i can't seem to find where they had the little animation of the EDIS system/VR sensor. I believe I have to put the engine at tdc and count 6 teeth over and that is where the VR must be aligned? Does the missing tooth coutnt as one of the teeth.
I should say, i have the 36-1 trigger wheel, if its not already obvious.

Also, how do you turn your Engine? My trigger wheel blocks any chance of getting a socket on the crank bolt. You pull the efi fuse and bump the starter? Any help would be appreciated. Please keep in mind im new to MS and its been a while since I posted on a forum or did any car stuff.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Reactions: drftsupramk2

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this?
  • EDIS-6: missing tooth is exactly six teeth (60°) ahead of the VR sensor,
Thanks and Yes, I did find that again today. Since the view is from behind its a little confusing. I think i need to take a look at my setup again and see if its inline. How does anyone move their crank if the trigger wheel blocks the crank bolt?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ring gear with a pry bar? (might have to get under it for this to work).

Remove top timing cover to access cam pulleys and carefully use cams to rotate engine (might want to remove the plugs for this)

lift rear-end, place in gear, rotate driveshaft some how (lock one tire in place, then spin other tire, or big pipe wrench on driveline)

some suggestions at least...

just reach down there with your bare hands and turn it! lol...

Reactions: drftsupramk2

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

For any MS people here is my msq , tooth log and comp log.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts