Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bout 2 months ago i was fixing the cap on the resivour for the power steering fluid, and i noticed that the Toyota, was spelled Toyoda, ha me and my dad said that someone must have been high, when they was making the mold :laugh: ha.. i was just seeing if anyone elses is the same??

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
It's on purpose. "Toyoda" Changed the name of the company to Toyota. Toyoda was bad karma supposedly.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok ha....i didnt kno that! but everything else is spelled toyota tho...seems like they would change that to but oh well.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Yay, another person discovered the Toyoda stamp, now you can join the other 900,000,000,000 (rough estimation) people that know about it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You spelled reservoir wrong also :). I have not read the links people suggested but Toyoda is as good as Toyota in my eye. Japanese language does not use roman alphabets, so they both sound pretty close if you use roman alphabets.

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Someone asked me about mine at a gas station i told them it was JDM upgrade ;) Silly Ricer, Toyota's for the win.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Japanese spelled monkey "donkey". Anyone up for playing Monkey Kong?

Toyoda was no mistake, they just didn't bother changing the stamp for the PS resevoir when they changed the company name.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Just search around Wikipedia and you'll find a few reasons why they changed the name.
Ah yes, WikiPedia, one of the largest sources of mis-information on the world wide web.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I wouldn't quote wiki for anything if my life depended on it. lol

Nothing like a website that allows anyone (even five year olds) write anything they want without any peer review.
I had put on the page for the supra "that the MK2 was the best gen and the only only place to find information on them is celicasupra.com". It only got removed after 2 months since I made a external site reference without putting it in the reference section also.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol sweet!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I had put on the page for the supra "that the MK2 was the best gen and the only only place to find information on them is celicasupra.com". It only got removed after 2 months since I made a external site reference without putting it in the reference section also.

lol

I read a research article where some students made pages with false information (outlandishly wrong), and monitored how long it took them to be removed. I Think only two of ten was removed within the first two months, others took nearly a year, and one was still up when the report was writen!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You can get misinformation from anywhere. Auto shops, classmates, this site and its members, even books since there's still a guy writing it haha. Even I have given people misinformation that I thought was correct. Someone or something may have given it to me, or I just formulated it with my critical thinking skills haha.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Ah yes, WikiPedia, one of the largest sources of mis-information on the world wide web.
And also a good source of information.

IIRC this was recently on CBS news as well with Katie Couric explaining why the chairman/ceo of Toyota was named Toyoda.

10 characters of kanji to write Toyoda, but only 8 to write Toyota, and 8 was a lucky number.

More than you could EVER want to know about why it's Toyota not Toyoda
I wouldn't quote wiki for anything if my life depended on it. lol

Nothing like a website that allows anyone (even five year olds) write anything they want without any peer review.
Not peer reviewed eh? Then why can you, or I make edits... Maybe not peer reviewed by experts on the subject matter, but saying that it's not peer reviewed at all is an incorrect statement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
there's a couple of English letters that get messed about when they're Katakana (introduced English) words converted back to English, the T's and D's and of course R's and L's... but the funniest miss translation from Japanese to English must go to Mitsubishi....

naming a sports car after a horse is a cool idea, i mean what could be better than naming a car a Stallion? well..... unless someone forgot to convert the R's back to L's and ended up with Starion :zzzzz::laugh::duh::eekfacepalm::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts